Apply now Job no:503095
Categories:Research Administration support
- Full time, 12 month fixed term role
- $109,944 - $123,876 base plus 17% superannuation & leave loading.
- Full working rights are required.
- Sydney, Australia based.
The Senior Biostatistician will work across the MPRU research program. The position holder’s primary obligation will be to coordinate the statistical analysis and methodological aspects of specific pharmacoepidemiological research projects related to medicine use, safety and effectiveness, and health policy impacts. The position holder assists in the design of research projects by members of other research programs and will have the opportunity to develop original statistical methods.
The Senior Biostatistician also contributes to the management and governance of large administrative datasets within the CBDRH and provides general project management and writing support to the MPRU Unit Head, Director of the Centre of Research Excellence in Medicines Intelligence and other MPRU Lead Investigators. Integral to this role will be engagement of external stakeholders and collaborators involved in projects and to ensure stakeholder engagement and communication is an active priority, and integral to the business of the MPRU.
Please see the attached Position Description for full details.
Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in statistics, biostatistics, public health, epidemiology or related areas.
- Proven high level research and data analysis skills.
- Proven track record of independent research in a related discipline and substantial relevant experience and leadership in the conduct of research with linked administrative data.
- Evidence of statistical analysis skills and knowledge of statistical software, evidence of good project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with non-statistical colleagues and a proven capacity to build relationships with key stakeholders and provide leadership and guidance to collaborators.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading peer-reviewed publications in journals and conferences.
- Proven track record of developing statistical methodology or statistical software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide independent scientific and statistical direction, as well as demonstrated experience of effective statistical mentoring of junior staff and students.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Louise Francis: Centre Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 19th October 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised:28 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:19 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Associate Director, Client Services, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 8 days ago
Job No:976829 Campus Location:Brisbane, North Sydney, Melbourne Functional Unit:IT End User Computing Services Work Type:Fixed term full time As a leading Catholic university globally, ACU is comm...
Associate Director, Student Systems, Australian Catholic University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job No:976929 Campus Location:North Sydney Functional Unit:Student Systems Work Type:Fixed term full time As a leading Catholic university globally, ACU is committed to student-centred education; ...
Research Integrity & Compliance Officer, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 5 days ago
Job No:976903 Campus Location:North Sydney Functional Unit:Research Services (DVCR) Work Type:Continuing full time North Sydney location Full time, Continuing appointment Assist in the design, imp...
Director, Student Support Services, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 8 days ago
Job No:976827 Campus Location:Brisbane, North Sydney, Melbourne Functional Unit:Student Success Work Type:Fixed term full time As a leading Catholic university globally, ACU is committed to studen...
Associate Director, Enterprise Services, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 8 days ago
Job No:976828 Campus Location:North Sydney, Melbourne Functional Unit:IT Applications & Platforms Work Type:Fixed term full time As a leading Catholic university globally, ACU is committed to stud...
Postgraduate Teaching Fellow In The School Of Mathematics And Statistics, University of Sydney, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Part-time (7.5 hours per week) 2 year fixed term employment, located on the Camperdown Campus at the School of Mathematics and Statistics Excellent opportunity to develop into the next generation ...