- Based in UniSA Clinical & Health Sciences at the City West campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 7 June 2024
- Salary Range: $73,341 - $86,642 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Academic Services Officer (SASO) to join the Research Services team within UniSA Clinical & Health Sciences.
Reporting directly to the Program Services Manager: Research, the SASO is responsible for providing leadership and administrative support associated with the delivery of the Academic Units programs, research and consultancy activities.
The successful candidate will liaise with key stakeholders internal and external to the University, resolve complex issues, apply and interpret the Unit’s policies and procedures. As an experienced administrator with highly developed organisational skills, you will liaise with the Academic Unit Services Marketing team to coordinate the research seminar series, annual colloquium and events, in addition to maintaining the research groups websites in consultation with the Dean of Research.
- Undertake appropriate research, data gathering and analysis that contributes to the development of high-quality documentation for the Academic Unit’s new grant and research proposal submissions and the development of the Centre’s, Concentrations and research groups
- In collaboration with the Dean of Research provide administrative and project support to researchers and research leaders to ensure the delivery of research and consultancy projects
- Coordinate the compilation of research data for the University’s research publication collection and research performance assessment, and other external reporting requirements (eg: Excellence in Research Australia)
- Provide administrative support to the Deans, Research Centre Directors and research students
- Ensure the correct interpretation and application of the University’s academic and research administration policies and procedures
Essential Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, or demonstrated equivalent skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated previous experience working in a senior administrative position in a complex organisation, involving the provision of advice and recommendations to senior staff
- Highly developed research and analytical skills and experience in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures
- Highly developed organisational skills to manage multiple priorities and projects within tight timelines
The University of South Australia (UniSA) is Australia’s University of Enterprise. We are South Australia’s largest university and one of the very best young universities in the world. At UniSA, we are authentic, resilient, and influential - and we deliver results. We pride ourselves on our dynamic and agile culture, which embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Plus, we are committed to the principles of excellence and equity.
About UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences
One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities. Our degrees are designed and delivered to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry, ensuring graduates are career ready and equipped with the skills to meet future demands.
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sara O’Donovan, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5165.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 8 May 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Lecturer In Financial Planning (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 3 days ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia ...
Research Associate (Aras), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher ...
Online Lecturer In Journalism, Communications And Digital Media (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 24 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Associate Professor / Professor Of Contemporary Art (Academic Level D/E), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 3 days ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Arts Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage Researcher (R1)...
Lecturer In Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Lecturer, Digital Media (Web Design) (Level A), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 3 days ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...