Work type:full time
Categories:Administration & Executive support, Student Administration / Support Services
- Great opportunity to join a friendly, fast paced team supporting the three schools on the Nedlands Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment until 30 June 2024
- Base salary range: Level 4 $70,905 – $75,319 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
College Services provides academic administration and technical support services to the University’s schools, including Heads of School, academic staff and research students. The team is committed to providing effective and efficient services in support of the Schools’ and University’s strategic objectives, with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice. The Schools Operations team provides academic support services and general administrative support to the University’s Schools.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, provide expertise in a wide variety of administrative duties to support the operations of a school(s) and its programs. You will work collaboratively across teams to ensure high quality service provision and responding to changing demand.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Year 12 or equivalent competency
- Considerable relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - School Operations Assistant 515413.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 20 September 2023
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:05 Sep 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:20 Sep 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Lecturer, Accounting And Finance, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 15 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Associate Lecturer Or Lecturer In Chemistry And Biochemistry, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australi...
Lecturer Human Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 15 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Psychological sciences Sociology Ethics in social sciences Researcher Profile Lea...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Engineering Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Secondary Education – English Education, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 13 days ago
School of Education Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR SECONDARY EDUCATION – ENGLISH EDUCATION SCHOOL OF EDUCATION JOONDALUP & M...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor Secondary Education – Mathematics, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 9 days ago
School of Education Ongoing, Joondalup and Mount Lawley campuses Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR SECON...