- Prestigious international university
- High level executive support and advice
- Leadership opportunity
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876. Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
The School of Education is one of four schools in the Faculty of Arts. It has a history of over 120 years of educational research and teacher education in South Australia. The School’s vision is to graduate scholarly educationalists who can lead learning across global, national and local contexts. The School offers a range of degrees at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Working under general direction from the Head of School, the School Business Manager provides confidential, high level management and executive support to the Head of School, academic and professional staff, students, and external stakeholders. The School Business Manager is also responsible for a small team providing HSW, and administrative direction and support.
Salary: HEO7: $83,105 - $93,231 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available from 4 December 2017.
To be successful in this role you must have;
- Demonstrated experience in leading a small team and in providing supervision, mentoring and guidance to staff to ensure school operations are on track and meet set deadlines.
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and to manage change and transition processes.
- Demonstrated experience in providing sound strategic advice, including preparation of reports, gathering of data or similar.
- Ability to work to a high level of professionalism, in both independent and collaborative work environments, with limited supervision.
- Be able to work as a leader in an environment involving numerous stakeholders including but not limited to academic and professional staff, and external parties in a highly regulated and accredited landscape.
- Extensive knowledge of University policies and procedures and an understanding of current management practices and principles of human resources, HSW, financial reporting and student administration.
- Excellent time management, organisational and conflict resolution skills and the ability to exercise judgement and use initiative.
- A tertiary qualification and extensive relevant experience and management expertise, preferably in a university or education institution.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' and ‘Qualifications’ sections of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Faye McCallum, Head, School of Education via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9:00am Monday 23 October 2017.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Program Support Officer (Internal Applicant Only), Federation University Australia, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job no:844127 Location:Camp Street Campus Categories:Professional/General School/Area: Faculty of Education & Arts Faculty of Education and Arts – Camp Street Campus Part-time (0.6), continuing ap...
Vet Teacher, Building Design (Architectural), Federation University Australia, Australia, 5 days ago
FedUni TAFE – SMB Campus Full-time, continuing appointment. You will be responsible for the delivery of quality Vocational Education and Training including conducting assessments in the Advanced D...
Learning Designer, Vet Practice, Federation University Australia, Australia, 5 days ago
FedUni TAFE – SMB Campus Part-time (0.4), fixed-term appointment until December 2018. You will be responsible for providing specialist advice and support to VET practitioners in relation to qualit...
Sessional Teaching Opportunities, Federation University Australia, Australia, 12 days ago
FedUni TAFE – SMB Campus FedUni TAFE is home to Vocational Education and Training with a focus on employment-based training to graduates to ensure they have the skills required for the future. The...