- Full time, Continuing
- Position located at Bundoora Campus, Melbourne
- HEO5– $71,280-$79,827 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
The Room Lead Early Childhood Educator is responsible for leading, developing and delivering high quality early education and care for children consistent with the Centre philosophy, values, policies, and the Early Years learning Framework and the National Quality Framework, in their assigned early education room. In addition, this position implements practices to support their education team with day to day operations, to engage in collaborative and reflective practice and to input into the room program. The Room Lead Educator works under direction from Centre management and the Educational Leader, and in collaboration with other Centre staff to drive pedagogical practices.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Hold a Diploma level qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care with 5+ years relevant work-related experience; AND
- Hold, or be willing to undertake and pass, a Victorian Working With Children Check; AND
- Hold, or be willing to undertake and pass, a National Police Check; AND
- Hold a relevant current First Aid Certificate; AND
- Take personal accountability to comply with all University policies, procedures and legislative or regulatory obligations; including but not limited to TEQSA and the Higher Education Threshold Standards.
- Strong understanding of National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework.
- Ability to provide feedback and support to colleagues in a constructive and supportive way.
- Ability to collaboratively develop high quality early education and care programs responsive. to individual needs and interests of children and families, informed by the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Ability to form and maintain positive connections with families and provide families with timely support and feedback.
- Strong understanding of child development, including some understanding of diverse developmental pathways, for example Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- An educational philosophy and practice informed by informed by a strong commitment and understanding of current theories regarding inclusion.
- Some understanding and experience of evidence based early intervention for autistic children.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, 11/10/2022
Position Enquiries: Shannon Upson via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
LTU Room Lead Early Childhood Educator PD.docx
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Professor Of Allied Health, Implementation Sciences, LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, 4 days ago
Full time 3 years fixed term Position is primarily based at the Alfred Hospital Attractive Remuneration Package This ARCH (Academic and Research Collaborative in Health) research leadership positi...
Lecturer (Teaching And Research), Agronomy, LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, 19 days ago
Full time Continuing Located at Bundoora Campus Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation About the position As part of La Trobe University’s ongoing commitment t...
Lecturer, Dietetics And Human Nutrition, LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, 26 days ago
Full time/Continuing Located at Bundoora Campus Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation About the position Duties for this role will include but are not limited...
Lecturer, Nursing Teaching And Research, LA TROBE UNIVERSITY, Australia, 18 days ago
Full time Continuing Located at Bundoora Campus Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation About the position Duties will include but are not limited to: Develop, ...
Assistant Director / Educational Leader, University of Melbourne, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Job no: 0052955 Location: Parkville Role type: Full time; Fixed term Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services Salary: UOM 6 – $89,182 – $96,536 p.a. plus 17% super (pro rata for part-time...
Professional Practice Consultant Education (Early Childhood Or Primary), Monash University, Australia, 9 days ago
Professional Practice Consultant - Education (Early Childhood or Primary) Job No.: 643226 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Part-time, fraction (0.8) Duration: Continuing appointment Remun...