26 May 2023
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
- Application Deadline
8 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Part time (0.7 FTE), fixed term until September 2024
- An exciting opportunity to work alongside the Natural Helper Project Chief Investigator, Dr Bernadette Brady, a clinician researcher in South Western Sydney Local Health District and a Clinical Senior Lecturer Affiliate with the Faculty of Health Sciences
- Base Salary $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Health Sciences is the largest health sciences faculty in Australia, consisting of seven disciplines, five research themes (plus 3 cross-cutting themes), and four research centres. The School of Health Sciences is known for world-leading health sciences education and research. Our research ranks 'well above world class' (Excellence in Research for Australia level 5) and we rank 33rd in the world for health (T.H.E. World University Rankings 2015/16).
The Research Officer will work mainly within the research theme of Physical activity, lifestyle, ageing and well-being, and with the South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD). SWSLHD is a large LHD servicing people across South Western Sydney, and includes approximately 900 allied health staff.
This role will support the Natural Helper Project Chief Investigator, Dr Bernadette Brady, a clinician researcher in South Western Sydney Local Health District and a Clinical Senior Lecturer Affiliate with the Faculty of Health Sciences. The position will provide research support to deliver on the Natural Helper project and affiliated projects conducted with CIA across SWSLHD and Western Health Victoria. The position will include support for research projects and will include activities such as conducting literature reviews, ethics applications, data collection, database management, data analysis and writing for publications and reports.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to the management of research projects
- conduct data collection and analysis for research projects
- conduct research work specifically related to the MRFF Funded Natural Helper project and associated projects
- assist with the development and submission of research grants and publications
- ensure that the ethics guidelines, standards and any requirements are met for research projects
- undertake ad-hoc projects and other activities
- have a tertiary qualification with honours in health or science related degree with relevant experience in clinical research
- completed or submitted a PhD or have extensive specialist experience in the field of clinical research
- have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- be able to work both independently and as a part of a team, take initiatives and exercise sound judgement
- demonstrate advanced research support and administration skills
- have excellent organizational skills including effective time management skills and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- extensive numeracy skills with experience in controlling income/ expenditure for reconciliation/ budget tracking, and managing invoice payments and purchases (desirable)
- have well developed analytical skills including problem solving, data gathering and reporting
- qualitative and statistical analysis experience, using statistical software such as SPSS and NVIVO
- have demonstrated abilities to write academic articles
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights forAustralia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit:NSW Health employment requirements
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ninaa Boddu, Recruitment Operations, on email@example.com
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 08 June 2023 11:59 PM
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Ref 4779/23 Administrative Assistant, Learning Abroad, Office Of The Pvc, International, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $84,578 to $90,045 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term Appointment until 13 August 2024 Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. ...
Ref 4853/23 Senior Technical Support Officer, Icns, Office Of Teaching & Research Technical Services, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $100,670 to $107,945 p.a. Full-time, fixed term until 31 August 2026 based at Werrington South Campus Full-time, fixed term until 3...
Manager Education Support (Clinical), West, University of Sydney, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Utilise your exceptional leadership skills to nurture and lead a cohesive and diverse team in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Western Precinct. Provide strategic guidance on matters pertaining ...
Ref 4304/23 Commercial Lawyer, Office Of General Counsel, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Parramatta South Campus Remuneration Package: $146,398 to $156,342 p.a. Full-Time, Ongoing Position Is this your next career move? Are you a motivated commercial lawyer looking for a diverse and c...
Ref 4862/23 Technical Support Officer, Horticulture, Office Of Teaching & Research Technical Services, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $91,209 to $103,148 p.a. Full-time, fixed term until 30 June 2024 based at Hawkesbury Campus (Richmond) Full-time, fixed term until...
Ref 4948/23 Associate Lecturer In Cybersecurity And Behaviour, School Of Social Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Western Sydney University Eligible Applicants Only Academic Level A Full-time appointment based at Parramatta South Campus WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS ONLY Ref 4948/23 Associate ...