8 Sep 2023
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
20 Sep 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Fixed Term Until December 31st 2023 | Full Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $86,737 - $92,481 p.a
- Location: Bedford Park / Kaurna Country
- View Position Description
About the Public Health Discipline
The Flinders Public Health discipline aims to promote healthy people, healthy communities, and healthy environments. We are driven by our values of social justice, health equity and excellence; and work by leading collaboration and responsively approaching education, research, and engagement. We are made up of eight disciplines: Population Health, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health, Biostatistics, Health Economics, Behavioural Health, Injury Studies, Point of Care Testing and National Centre for Education and Training in Addiction (NCTEA). We have close ties with many research and education0 areas across Medicine, particularly in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health in ensuring equity to build community health. We have a growing team of over 100 exceptional staff, both professional and academic and in a range of balanced, teaching specialist and research only roles. We support our staff to be their best, to deliver high-quality education and world-class research.
Our Commitment to Reconciliation and Indigenous Employment
Flinders University is proud to be an organisation that is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan and Indigenous Workforce Strategy. Our vision is to be a preferred employer for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. We are committed to progressing Indigenous advancement in education, research, employment, and wellbeing, and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all Flinders vacancies.
About the Role
The Research Officer will work under general supervision to support a Program of Research addressing ear and hearing health for South Australians. Working under limited supervision, these research activities will include supporting the preparation of research documentation and ethics applications, conducting qualitative data collection and analysis, performing literature reviews and report writing.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Completion of an Honours degree in public health or health sciences; and/or equivalent experience and education/training in a health field.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, together with proven ability to liaise and engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organisational, administrative and time management skills and ability in problem solving, priority setting and working to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Experience planning and conducting qualitative data collection and analysis (desirable).
- Experience working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health (desirable).
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- It is a requirement of this position that the incumbent maintain a current Working With Children Check which is satisfactory to the University in accordance with the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (SA).
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description .
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Dr Jacqueline Stephens
- Please see here for our Reconciliation Action Plan
- Please see here for our Indigenous Workforce Strategy
lease note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
National Police Certificate - Australian Federal Police, Working With Children Check - Government of South Australia
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
20 Sept 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Senior Lecturer In Remote Health Practice (Allied Health), Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Position Details Fixed Term Until December 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level C | $129,818 - $149,331 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Position Description Flinders Rural and Remo...
Lecturer In Indigenous Knowledges And Culture (Identified), Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Position Details 2 Fixed Term Positions: 1 Until December 2024 & 1 Until November 2024 | Full-Time Academic Level B | $106,403 - $125,917 p.a. Location: Alice Springs / Arrernte Country View Posit...
Student Services Officer Wirltu Yarlu, University of Adelaide, Australia, 12 days ago
Job no:513039 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Student Services and Learning support, HEO6, Wirltu Yarlu, Indigenous (HE06) $86,360 - $93,285 per annum plus an employer ...
Project Officer (Identified), University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
2 x Full time Identified Project Officer roles until September 2026 Provide diverse Project Support to the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indigenous Starting of $95,860 -$103,341 Base + 17% Super + Leave Lo...
Senior Project Officer (Targeted), University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Full time 12-month fixed term position to provide project coordination support to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment and Engagement Team Utilise your expertise to to promote the ...
Project Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
2 year Full time fixed-term position Support the implementation of the One Sydney, Many People Strategy $135,820 - 143,310 Base + 17% Super + Leave Loading About the opportunity The cultures of Ab...