10 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
28 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Continuing | Full-Time
- Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,293 - $88,414 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About Research Development and Support
RDS works with Flinders researchers, Colleges, Centres and Institutes, other portfolios, and external stakeholders to proactively support our research. Our teams underpin Flinders’ research evolving from ideas through to impact. RDS is part of the Portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and provides excellence in all facets of research management and promoting Flinders’ research.
About the Role
Under general to broad direction, the Research Grants Officer (ARC - Australian Research Council) provides high level research administrative support to researchers, specifically regarding the identification of funding opportunities and submission of research grant proposals.
Working as a member of the RDS team the Research Grants Officer will work closely with stakeholders in providing project-based research administration support to assist with data capture and sustain collaborative partnerships (internally and externally) to support Flinders research themes.
More specifically, in this role you will:
- Identify opportunities for external funding and grant programs and disseminating information through appropriate communication channels.
- Provide support for researchers, joint appointment and academic status holders to identify, develop and submit ARC grant applications.
- Work closely with the Senior Research Grants Officer to provide research administrative support to ensure a targeted support framework for researchers is in place and delivered.
- Coordinate and facilitate communications and advice to researchers and advising in relation to external grant guidelines and funding rules.
- Assist with the grant application lodgement processes which will include electronic systems such as the Australian Research Council’s Research Management System (RMS), ensuring research data capture and grant submissions support Flinders research appointments within the designated College.
For a more detailed list of responsibilities, please refer to the position description
To be successful in this role you will consistently and actively engage with relevant teams and stakeholders.
You will also:
- Thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
- Have a clear focus on customer service, and quality and the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Be curious, resilient, and apply your problem-solving and analytical skills to a complex environment.
- Anticipate potential risks and proactive take steps to overcome them, whilst acknowledging the complexity of the Australian research environment.
- Have experience in research administration, including an understanding of the Australian Research Council and ideally international, government and industry grants opportunities and processes.
- Be passionate about supporting research, continuous improvement and innovation.
Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant experience, or extensive experience in an administrative field will also be required.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services , gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing all of the Key Position Capabilities of the position description .
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Mary Rieger, Manager, Research Grants and Tenders
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10:00 pm:
28 May 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Number of offers available
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
- Bedford Park
Where to apply
Administration Officer And Executive Assistant To Director, University of Adelaide, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:512714 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Administration, Executive Support, HEO5 Administration Officer and Executive Assistant to Director (HEO5) and $77,409-$86,...
Research Support Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Full time, continuing position as Research Support Officer, Architecture Design and Planning Utilise your expertise in providing administrative services and operational support Salary from $95,860...
Senior Research Engagement And Development Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Full time, continuing position in the Sydney School of Architecture, Design and Planning Exciting opportunity to foster excellence in research performance and research culture Salary from $104,633...
Research Administration Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Part time (3 days a week), fixed term until 2/8/24 with possibility of extension. Located on Camperdown Campus at the Faculty of Science A fantastic opportunity to apply your administrative skills...
Defence And National Security Compliance Officer (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Based in the Research and Enterprise Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $86,230 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the Role Reporting to the...
Deputy Director: Ict Infrastructure, University of South Australia, Australia, 6 days ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services (ISTS) at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Attractive Salary plus 17% superannuation About You You are a results-driven,...