- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, 3-year fixed term contract
- Salary: $106,935 - $126,350 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Research Fellow to work on a strategic SmartSat CRC funded project led by UniSA on SpaceCraft Autonomy & Onboard AI for Next Generation Space Systems (SCARLET) in collaboration with leading research and industry partners including Airbus, Ascension, Leonardo, Saab, DSTG, Deakin University and Swinburne University. The Research Fellow will carry out research on distributed AI/ML technology solutions in one of the following work packages:
- Dynamic optimisation of constellation resources
- Real-time tasking and resource allocation
This position bridges academia and industry, driving space research and technology forward and contributing significantly to SmartSat CRC's visionary project.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Conduct high-quality research project independently or under limited supervision and in collaboration with industry and other stakeholders
- Design, perform and record experimental work
- Independently or under limited supervision, communicate research outcomes in both verbal and written form including presentations and reports to the research team
- Ensure delivery of project’s research milestones, objectives and work programs are met on time, within budget and to the industry partner’s satisfaction
- Develop a record of independent research that results in high-quality publications
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated research productivity as a postdoctoral researcher, with experience relevant to at least one research strand
- Evidence of participation in external activities such as industry or community engagement relevant to the field of research
- Record of independent research resulting in high-quality publications and evidence of growing citation impact
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with team members, other colleagues and external parties
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Various on-site services available at our campuses
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Shelley Lunn, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at [email protected] using job reference number 5704.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 10 December 2023
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Associate / Research Fellow (Level Aras / Brf), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 6 days ago
22 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country Aus...
Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow (Level Brf/Csrf), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
17 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application Deadline 25 Mar 2...
Research Assistant / Research Associate / Research Fellow (Level Ara/Aras/Brf), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
24 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Establis...
Research Fellow Rtcma – Net Zero Transition Smart Grid Design & Optimisation, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
The opportunity to conduct world-class research in net zero transition for the mining industry Join an existing team on a project in partnership with Rio Tinto Full-time fixed term for 2 years. Ba...
Senior Research Fellow, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 6 days ago
21 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Research Fellow In Psychology, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, about 12 hours ago
27 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application Deadline 17 ...