- Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only
- Full-time, fixed term contract from 13 February 2024 to 31 December 2024 based in the Clinical and Health Sciences Unit at the City West campus
- Salary: $109,074 - $128,877 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
You will provide high-level support for all research-related activities conducted by the Early Origins of Adult Health Research Group.
You will facilitate and support team members in the production of high-quality data, generation of competitive grant applications and publications, national and international collaborations, and translation of research findings. The project aims to understand the impact of changes in fetal growth trajectory on risk for disease and to modify these risks through early life interventions.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence. One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
Home to the University of South Australia Quality Use of Medicines and Centre for Pharmaceutical Innovation , the Health and Biomedical Innovation Research Concentration , and with key research concentrations in the areas of mental health and suicide prevention, nursing and midwifery workforce development, drug discovery, pharmaceutical innovation, health and disease biology, and food nutrition and health, we continue to meet community health needs and contribute to a healthier society.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD in fetal physiology or a related discipline
- Experience or expertise in animal work (the pregnant ewe and her fetus, fetal surgery, post-operative care, in vivo experimental design and implementation, etc) and molecular work (real-time PCR, Western blotting, ChIP, immunohistochemistry, hormone assays, DNA studies)
- Experience, as judged by grants and publications, in relevant areas of research and a substantial knowledge of laboratory procedures relevant to the research project/s
- Demonstrated experience in recording, analysing, presenting and disseminating research to stakeholders including competency in the preparation of papers for high quality publications or posters for conference presentations
- High-level oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaborate effectively with others in a multi-disciplinary research environment
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
Start Your Unstoppable Career!
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at [email protected] using job reference number 5710.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 19 November 2023
To be eligible to apply for internal positions, you must either identify as an Australian Aboriginal Person, or be a current UniSA continuing, fixed-term or casual staff member at the time the position is advertised and have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of the appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow (Level Brf/Csrf), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
17 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application Deadline 25 Mar 2...
Research Associate / Research Fellow (Level Aras / Brf), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 6 days ago
22 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country Aus...
Research Assistant / Research Associate / Research Fellow (Level Ara/Aras/Brf), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
24 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Establis...
Research Fellow In Rehabilitation, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 25 days ago
2 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Medical sciences Sociology Ethics in health sciences Psychological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Resear...
Senior Research Fellow, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 6 days ago
21 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Grant Funded Researcher (B) S Ai Genci, UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE, Australia, 25 days ago
2 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE Research Field History Medical sciences Chemistry Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Resea...