- Based in UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences at the City West campus
- Full-time, 12-month fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence.
Reporting to the Professor / Head: Experimental Therapeutics Laboratory, the Research Fellow will implement and conduct high quality scientific research and report on research outcomes in line with the objectives of the Experimental Therapeutics Laboratory.
You will actively contribute to the translation of research findings, generate competitive grant applications and publications, and foster national and international collaborations.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence. One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
- Undertake research activities related to the Research Group’s projects, independently and/or as a member of a team, which result in high quality publications in peer-reviewed journals, communications to industry partners and presentations at scientific conferences and other research forums
- Prepare and communicate research methodology, analysis and conclusions for the purposes of project reporting and evaluation according to University principles of research integrity and requirements of industry partners
- Keep abreast of the scientific literature and developments in the field directly relevant to the Research Group
- Identify and conceptualise research proposals for development and funding through external sources and competitive funding schemes
- Contribute to and/or prepare future funding applications including, but not limited to, Category 1 project funding from the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and the Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Prepare peer reviewed journal articles and conference papers for submission
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD in immunology (cellular, molecular, or viral) and/or molecular biology
- Demonstrated academic and/or industry experience in immunology (cellular, molecular, or viral) and/or molecular biology commensurate with opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, plan, execute and document research projects.
- Demonstrated high-level qualitative and quantitative analytical skill.
- Demonstrated leadership of staff and/or student activities in a research environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Contemporary applied gene editing experience
- Contemporary functional expertise in applied bioinformatics
- Applied skills in quantitative flow cytometry, qPCR, and ELISA
- Experience in virus production/purification/quantitation protocols
- Experience in animal and/or human ethical and regulatory frameworks
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
Enquiries can be directed in confidence to Dr Kerrilyn Diener, Associate Research Professor via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4323.
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applications close: 11.30pm Wednesday 16 November 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Senior Research Fellow, National Centre For Education And Training On Addiction, Flinders University, Australia, 3 days ago
Position Details Full-Time, Part-Time at 0.8 Considered Fixed term for 1 year (with a strong opportunity for renewal; subject to funding) Academic Level C | $124,109 - $142,764 p.a. View Position ...
Research Software Development Assistant, Flinders University, Australia, 8 days ago
Position Details Fixed term for 6 months | Full Time or part time available Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270-$81,966 p.a. Location: Flinders Medical Centre View Position Description Abou...
Grant Funded Researcher (B) – Scalability Of Deep Learning Aiml, University of Adelaide, Australia, 2 days ago
Job no:511292 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Level B, Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (Level B) $102,952 to $121,779 per annum plus an employer contrib...
Research Assistant (Caring Futures Institute), Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
Position Details Fixed term for 12 months | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 5| $74,270-$81,966 p.a. Location: Sturt North View Position Description About Caring Futures Institute The Cari...
Grant Funded Researcher (B/C) – Class Hierarchies, University of Adelaide, Australia, 2 days ago
Job no:511437 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Level B, Level C, Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (Level B) $102,952 to $121,779 or (Level C) $125,537 to ...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Full time fixed term until 31/12/2025 Opportunity to work as a Research Associate in an externally funded project, ARC Discovery Project in building science Academic Level A, Base Salary $79,784 -...