- Based in UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences at the City West campus
- Full-time, 12-month fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $104,838 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence.
Reporting to the Professor / Head: Experimental Therapeutics Laboratory, the Research Fellow will implement and conduct high quality scientific research and report on research outcomes in line with the objectives of the Experimental Therapeutics Laboratory.
You will actively contribute to the translation of research findings, generate competitive grant applications and publications, and foster national and international collaborations.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence. One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
- Undertake research activities related to the Research Group’s projects, independently and/or as a member of a team, which result in high quality publications in peer-reviewed journals, communications to industry partners and presentations at scientific conferences and other research forums
- Prepare and communicate research methodology, analysis and conclusions for the purposes of project reporting and evaluation according to University principles of research integrity and requirements of industry partners
- Keep abreast of the scientific literature and developments in the field directly relevant to the Research Group
- Identify and conceptualise research proposals for development and funding through external sources and competitive funding schemes
- Contribute to and/or prepare future funding applications including, but not limited to, Category 1 project funding from the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and the Australian Research Council (ARC)
- Prepare peer reviewed journal articles and conference papers for submission
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD in immunology (cellular, molecular, or viral) and/or molecular biology
- Demonstrated academic and/or industry experience in immunology (cellular, molecular, or viral) and/or molecular biology commensurate with opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, plan, execute and document research projects.
- Demonstrated high-level qualitative and quantitative analytical skill.
- Demonstrated leadership of staff and/or student activities in a research environment
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Contemporary applied gene editing experience
- Contemporary functional expertise in applied bioinformatics
- Applied skills in quantitative flow cytometry, qPCR, and ELISA
- Experience in virus production/purification/quantitation protocols
- Experience in animal and/or human ethical and regulatory frameworks
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
Enquiries can be directed in confidence to Dr Kerrilyn Diener, Associate Research Professor via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4323.
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Wednesday 16 November 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
Research Assistant (Level Ara), University of South Australia, Australia, 6 days ago
Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only Part-time (0.4FTE), fixed term contract until 30 June 2023 based in Allied Health and Human Performance at an off-campus location in ...
Research Associate / Research Fellow (Level Aras/Brf), University of South Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Based in the Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Flexible work arrangements available (between 0.5 FTE to full-time) Commencement Salary: $93,165 (ARAS) $104,838 (BRF)...
Research Associate / Research Fellow (Level Aras/Brf), University of South Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Based in the Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City East campus Fixed term contract to 31 December 2023. Flexible work arrangements available (between 0.5 FTE to full-time) Commence...
Research Associate / Research Fellow: Biostatistics / Epidemiology / Pharmacoepidemiology (Level Aras / Brf), University of South Australia, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Based in the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Unit at the City West campus Fixed term contract to 31 July 2024 with flexibility for full-time or part-time hours Commencement Salary: $93,1...
Research Software Development Assistant, Flinders University, Australia, 5 days ago
Position Details Fixed term for 6 months | Full Time or part time available Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270-$81,966 p.a. Location: Flinders Medical Centre View Position Description Abou...
Senior Research Fellow, National Centre For Education And Training On Addiction, Flinders University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Position Details Full-Time, Part-Time at 0.8 Considered Fixed term for 1 year (with a strong opportunity for renewal; subject to funding) Academic Level C | $124,109 - $142,764 p.a. View Position ...