- Fixed term 10 months and full time appointment with a possibility of extension depending on performance and funding
- Research intensive position with a start date as soon as possible
- Secondment arrangements and remote work from home will be considered
- Salary range: Level A $74,236 - $99,905 p.a. or Level B $ 105,043 - $ 124,301 p.a. plus 17% superannuation (appointment level will be dependent on qualifications and experience)
UWA Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy sits within the UWA School of Agriculture and Environment and is located in one of the world’s biodiversity hotspots. Surrounded by a wealth of agricultural, natural and mining resources, our location allows us to produce innovative research with worldwide application.
Our teaching and research benefit from a network of national and international collaborators, and our strong industry and government links are producing change in agricultural and environmental management, regional development, and urban policy and planning. We have a strong track record in PhD supervision and external research grant success.
The Australian Research Council rated Agricultural Science at UWA as 'above world standards' and Environmental Science at UWA as 'well above world standards' during the most recent Excellence in Research Australia assessment.
About the role
As the appointee you will be a member of the Centre for Environmental Economics & Policy providing research services to project leaders and contributing to outputs in accordance with contracted requirements.
Working under the supervision of Associate Professor Michael Burton and Dr Abbie Rogers, this position will require the appointee to contribute to the delivery of environmental economics components within the project “Project-level environmental economic accounting for coastal blue carbon ecosystems”. This project is a multidisciplinary project being led by Deakin University, and funded by the Australian Department of Climate Change, Energy, the environment and Water (previously Department of Agriculture Water and the Environment).
The appointee will contribute to the development of practical guidance on implementing environmental economic accounts for coastal restoration projects and will undertake economic valuation to develop accounts for case study sites.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following criteria:
- PhD qualification (or near completion) in Applied Economics (resource, environmental, ecological, or agricultural) or Accounting
- Experience in the application of economic concepts and modelling techniques to marine/coastal environments, or the ecosystem services relevant to these environments
- Demonstrated independent research skills, as evidenced by relevant publications and/or scientific reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of micro-economic concepts and modelling techniques
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, email and statistical software (e.g. SPSS)
You will be an applied economist with experience in concepts and applications relevant to the field of environmental economics, which may include: non-market valuation, benefit-cost analysis, ecosystem service valuation, environmental accounting.
You will also possess excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Research Associate or Fellow 510329.pdf
For more information regarding the position or a confidential discussion, please contact Dr Abbie Rogers, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 12 August 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, and an early application is encouraged.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:22 Jul 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:12 Aug 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Uwa Business School, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 15 days ago
UWA Business School The Centre for Social Impact Full-time appointment on a 12 month fixed term basis Base salary range: Level B $105,043 – $124,301 p.a. plus 17% superannuation Work with the CSI ...
Research Assistant, Laboratory Operations, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 15 days ago
UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Level 3, part-time (0.8FTE) appointment on a fixed term 2 year appointment Base salary range: $59,557 - $65,969 p.a. pro rata plus 10.5% superannuation Th...
Research Associate / Research Fellow, Murujuga Dating, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 15 days ago
School of Social Sciences Applications open to individuals with a scientific research interest in dating Aboriginal rock art, as part of the Dating Murujuga’s Dreaming ARC Linkage Project team Ful...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
ALEVA $94,140 - $100,797 pa/ALEVB $105,832 - $125,043 pa Fixed Term (3 years), Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights SCHOOL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES JO...
Research Assistant, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Reference: 989844 Your new role The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on an innovative primary health care research study addressing gaps in the delivery of...
Research Assistant, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 19 days ago
$75,821-$84,254 PA (HEW 5) (60% Pro rata) Fixed-Term (12 months), Part-time (60%), Joondalup campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights RESEARCH ASSISTANT SCHOOL OF NURSING & MIDWIFER...