9 May 2023
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
28 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Part time (22.5 hours per week), 12 months fixed term. Located at the Psycho-oncology Co-operative Research Group, School of Psychology
- Opportunity to join a dynamic national cancer clinical trials group
- Base Salary, Level A $100,717 (pro-rata) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
PoCoG is one of 14 national cooperative cancer clinical trials groups, with a mandate from Cancer Australia to increase collaboration and innovation in psycho-oncology research. Our aim is to improve outcomes for people affected by cancer by developing and facilitating high quality, collaborative and clinically relevant research focused on optimising psychosocial and supportive care. PoCoG has a membership of over 2000 professionals from across Australia, New Zealand and internationally, working in the area of psycho-oncology.
PoCoG is a national body that serves a broad community of psycho-oncology researchers across Australia. PoCoG is a Centre of The University of Sydney operating within the Faculty of Science, School of Psychology.
PoCoG Is currently seeking a Research Associate to support the group's research activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to the development of PoCoG research studies
- building collaborations and contributing to grant applications for the Psycho-oncology Co-operative Group (PoCoG) in line with the groups' strategic plans
- provide research management support to the Group
- strategically plan, manage, undertake and evaluate research capacity building activities for the group.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Research Associate who has:
- PhD or equivalent in Psychology, Behavioural Sciences, Health Sciences or a closely related discipline
- experience in the field of psycho-oncology or similar discipline and understanding of the Australian health system
- demonstrated expertise in research design and methods across psychology, medicine and/or health sciences
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to liaise and engage with multi-disciplinary clinical and research investigators
- demonstrated success in strategic planning and development of collaborative research grant applications
- demonstrated research track record, including ability to publish research outcomes.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights forAustralia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 28 May 2023 11:59 PM
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
Where to apply
Research Support Officer, Clinical Trials, University of Sydney, Australia, 13 days ago
Provide support to implement initiatives for the Faculty of Medicine and Health’s strategic research priorities and post-award grant management, particularly in clinical trials Utilise your except...
Ref 5384/23 Associate Lecturer In Occupational Therapy, School Of Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $106,765 to $128,989 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term from 1 Feb 2024 - 31 Jan 2025 | Western's Campbelltown Campus Western Sydney Univer...
Research Associate Sparking Imagination Education, University of Sydney, Australia, about 2 hours ago
24-Month fixed term, part time 30 Hours per week (FTE 0.8). Hybrid opportunity. Seeking a Research Associate to contribute to the ARC project. Level A, Base Salary $83,454 - $112,462 + 17% superan...
Events Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 15 days ago
Fantastic casual opportunity for an individual with Events Management Experience Casual opportunity from October 2023 until approx. April 2024 4 days per week (total 28 hours per week) HEO 6 Step ...
Manager Education Support (Clinical), West, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Utilise your exceptional leadership skills to nurture and lead a cohesive and diverse team in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Western Precinct. Provide strategic guidance on matters pertaining ...
Donor Relations Specialist Principal Gifts, University of Sydney, Australia, about 2 hours ago
Due to growth, a new opportunity has arisen in the Donor Relations team, at The University of Sydney. We are currently seeking a forward-thinking Donor Relations Specialist – Principal Gifts with ...