- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, 9-month fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $93,165 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We are seeking a Research Associate to contribute to the research efforts of UniSA STEM. You will undertake research on the Narrative Visualisation for Agile C2 project. This includes investigating and evaluating novel techniques and systems for visualising command and control for strategic domain analysis.
About UniSA STEM
UniSA STEM links engineering, mathematics, science, defence and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, construction and project management, harnessing the connections across disciplines to bring big ideas to fruition. Our researchers are solution focused and collaborative to deliver technical expertise and advice to industry, government and community groups to make commercially viable and sustainable impacts. We integrate research into our teaching, with students working alongside researchers in first-class facilities, what’s discovered one day is taught the next. Our graduates are entrepreneurs and trailblazers, who design and build the world they want to live in. UniSA STEM also incorporates leading edge research organisations; the Future Industries Institute, the Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments and the Centre for Industrial Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Develop narrative and information visualisation techniques for data analysis across the strategic defence domain in command and control
- Evaluate relevant existing and emerging techniques for visualisation of data across diverse structured and unstructured data sources in the strategic defence domain
- Contribute to the research project on a day-to-day basis to achieve project milestones
- Ensure project outcomes align with the product roadmap
- Undertake administrative duties associated with relevant research projects as required
Essential Skills and Experience
- A master’s degree or higher in software engineering or a closely related discipline
- Two or more years of applied experience in Software Engineering (including professional or internships)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in information visualisation techniques and experimental design and result analysis
- Experience developing for immersive technology including Microsoft HoloLens
- A track record of quality journal and conference publications in the field of human computer interaction
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4295.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 4 September 2022.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Centre Manager Cadr Uspl, University of Adelaide, Australia, 19 days ago
Job no:510664 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Research Institutes, HEO9 3 years fixed term appointment The Centre Manager, Centre for Advanced Defence Research (CADR) i...
Informatics Team Lead, University of Sydney, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Informatics Team Lead 1 x Continuing Full time role Senior leadership role within the Sydney Informatics Hub SPS-A appointment with a competitive salary package + 17% Super + Leave Loading About t...
Ref 5179/22, Business Administrative Officer, School Of Engineering, Design And Built Environment, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Kingswood campus Remuneration: $110,370 to $119,091 p.a. Full-time, fixed term position to 31 December 2023 About Western Western Sydney University is a modern, forward-thinking, research-led univ...
Analytics Specialist, University of Sydney, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Multiple permanent, continuing roles as an Analytics Specialist within Advanced Analytics, Planning and Enterprise Data team Do you enjoy innovation? Get in on the ground floor of a brand new anal...
Data Science Software Engineer, University of Sydney, Australia, 17 days ago
Full time 18-month fixed term role Provide software engineering for projects undertaken by the Sydney Informatics Hub $100,032 - $108,979 + 17% Superannuation + Leave Loading About the opportunity...
Ref 4933/22 School Manager, School Of Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $142,688 to $152,380 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position until December 2023 About Western Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll be part of an...