- Job Based in the Future Industries Institute at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, 2-year fixed term contract
- Salary: $93,165 - $99,759 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
As the Research Associate you will contribute to the research efforts of the Future Industries Institute, in particular will undertake research on projects funded by the Heart Foundation (mRNA therapeutics targeted to myocardial fibrosis: A new approach in the treatment of cardiomyopathy) and CRC-P (Nanoparticle manufacturing and its application in brain cancer radiotherapy) in collaboration with Adelaide-based cancer diagnostic company Ferronova.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The Future Industries Institute brings together world-class strength in high-tech manufacturing, nanomedicine, minerals and resource engineering plus environmental science, with the end goal of building economic growth through innovative partnerships and translational research. The Institute builds on the significant capability, infrastructure and reputation of the University’s existing research strengths and substantial research infrastructure and supports state and national research priorities.
- Undertake research to achieve the project grant outcomes such as develop a nanoformulation for image guided surgery and treatment
- Design and perform a range of experiments, contribute to the preparation of refereed journal publications, and conference and seminar papers arising from the research
- Provide advice to post graduate students in the appointee’s area of expertise
- Active involvement in professional activities including, administrative duties, internal and stakeholder meetings and attendance at conferences, and seminars
- Contribute to the teaching activities of the Unit, including the development of research-related material for teaching purposes
Essential Skills and Experience
- A postgraduate qualification in an appropriate Science or Engineering area relevant to the research area and/or relevant experience
- Experience in nanomedicine formulation and preclinical testing, working within the biomedical industry
- Demonstrated high quality research output commensurate with the length of research career; published and presented in appropriate forums
- Excellent communication skills in written work such as reports, publications and educational materials, and verbally through liaison with external partners, colleagues and students
- Ability to plan and execute testing and research with stakeholders, working independently and as part of a research team
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Andrew Sarunic, Manager Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5185.
Applications close: 11.30pm Tuesday 23 May 2023
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Associate (Aras), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 14 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher ...
Lecturer In Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 14 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Online Lecturer In Journalism, Communications And Digital Media (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 19 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Research Associate (Aras), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 24 hours ago
21 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Chemistry Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established ...
Ref 4542/23 Lecturer In Mathematics, School Of Computer, Data And Mathematical Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $131,136 to $154,738 p.a. Full-Time, Ongoing Position Lecturer in Mathematics, Academic Level B School/Office: School of Computer, Data and Mathematical S...
Campus Coordinator, Central Queensland University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Campus Coordinator Apply now » Date: 29 Aug 2023 Job Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU Company: Central Queensland University About this Opportunity Continuing, Full Time Office of the Vice-Chancellor ...