- $48 p/hour (HEW 5)
- Casual, Southwest Campus
- Open to candidates with relevant work rights
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (HEW 5) - NUTRITION & HEALTH INNOVATION RESEARCH INSTITUTE
ECU WA SOUTH WEST CAMPUS
HEW 5: $48 P/HOUR
Flexible hours and location (casual approx. 20 hours per week)
- Contribute to leading research into cancer care within WA’s South West region
- Flexible work arrangements of approximately 20 hours per week
- Apply your expertise in exercise science, nutrition, or health sciences
Our Nutrition and Health Innovation Research Institute has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Assistant (RA) to support a 3 year implementation science project, to improve the delivery of supportive cancer care services to people located in the regional and rural South West region of WA. The project and RA position are funded by the Western Australia (WA) Department of Health Future Health Research and Innovation Fund. The role can be located outside of the region including ability to work from home, but it will require some occasional travel to the South West.
This important project is focused on improving referrals to supportive cancer care services (i.e., exercise and nutrition) with the health care partners delivering cancer care to people in the SW region. The research will involve an exploration of current practices and subsequent design and application of an implementation and evaluation project in partnership with multiple health service providers. The successful candidate will have:
- Completed a relevant degree in medical and health sciences, exercise science, nutrition, implementation science (or equivalent) or demonstrated an equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation.
- Experience with data collection and management, ideally with strong qualitative and systematic review skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to research-related functions and outcomes (e.g., journal articles, conference papers, project reports, grant applications, ethics submissions).
- Experience providing administrative support for research projects (e.g., setting up surveys, spreadsheets, data bases, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills with clear attention to detail
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with a range of researchers, health care professionals, and services
The following experience will also be highly regarded.
- Experience and demonstrated interest with working within cancer care services and implementation projects
- Experience supporting scientific research, good scientific writing skills, ideally with a demonstrated record of research publication
- Interest in implementation methods and research translation
The successful applicant will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
These full-time, fixed term positions attract remuneration of $48 p/hour plus up to 10.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may [GM2] also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Future Staff website.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Cheryl Croce (+61 419 843 499) for further information.
Applications close on 9th of March 2023 at 11.30pm (AWST).
How to Apply
Please upload your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role with specific reference to the skills and experience in this advertisement
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Research Associate Or Fellow Indigenous Academic Environmental Science, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:514179 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Architecture / Landscape and Visual Arts, Arts, Business, Education, Law, Science, Indigenous Studies, Health and Medical Sciences, En...
Forrest Post Doctoral Fellowships, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job no:514383 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Architecture / Landscape and Visual Arts, Arts, Business, Education, Law, Science, Indigenous Studies, Health and Medical Sciences, En...
Casual Research Assistant (Laboratory), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 5 days ago
The Raine Study Casual appointment – 45 hours per fortnight for 12 months Hourly rate: Level 3 $30.44 plus 10.5% superannuation and casual loading The University of Western Australia (UWA) is rank...
Research Assistant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 9 days ago
Job no:514480 Work type:full time Location:Crawley, Claremont Categories:Research support Research Assistant UWA School of Agriculture and Environment Level 3, full-time appointment on a fixed ter...
Hammond Nisbet Research Fellow, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Hammond Nisbet Research Fellow School of Earth Sciences Outstanding opportunity to undertake collaborative research in structural geology and geophysical interpretation applied to mineral systems ...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, School Of Science, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY, Australia, about 8 hours ago
31 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Chemistry Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researc...