- Based in UniSA Justice and Society at the City East campus in South Australia, with the option to work remotely from Western Australia
- One (1) Full-time, fixed term contract, and one (1) part-time option (0.6-1.0FTE), fixed-term contract both until 31 December 2023
- Salary: $74,385 - $99,759 (Pro Rata'd at the appointed fraction) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Assistant to undertake research related activities to senior research staff working within UniSA Justice and Society, and the Australian Centre for Child Protection (ACCP). The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively supporting senior researchers with various research initiatives.
These positions can be based in either South Australia or remotely from Western Australia.
About UniSA Justice and Society and the Australian Centre for Child Protection
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Developing new knowledge and multi-disciplinary solutions to some of society’s most pressing issues, UniSA Justice & Society offers a wide range of programs and conducts world-class research in the fields of law, psychology, social work, human services and social sciences. UniSA Justice & Society is also home to the Australian Centre for Child Protection, Australia’s premier research centre focused on the development of new solutions and approaches to the critical problem of child abuse and neglect.
- Provide administration support in completing ethics applications for projects, collecting, analysing, and preparing data in the development of tender submissions, grant applications, reports and scholarly articles
- Undertake literature reviews, collect and analyse data and performance statistics, and prepare and draft information and reports
- Support the publishing and communicating of research outcomes to different audiences by participating and presenting at conferences and seminars
- Liaise with academics, researchers and other research participants including organising and attending meetings associated with ACCP projects
- Work as part of a team to provide efficient project and administration support to assist in meeting research goals
Essential Skills and Experience
- Honours or Post Graduate Research Degree in a Behavioural, Social Science, Social Work, Education, Health, Policy or related discipline
- Research, policy or practice experience in an area related to child protection, out of home care, child trauma, child sexual abuse or harmful sexual behaviours
- Demonstrated understanding of qualitative research methods and ability to undertake qualitative data analysis, critiquing the quality of published research studies
- Demonstrated research writing skills, including an ability to locate, evaluate, compile, and edit relevant literature and research data
- Excellent initiative, problem solving, time management and organisational skills, including experience in priority setting to meet complex and competing deadlines
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Kiara Lalli, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4993.
Applications close: 11.30pm Wednesday 22 March 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Fellow / Senior Research Fellow, Uni Sa Allied Health And Human Performance, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
16 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Medical sciences Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Fir...
Research Assistant, Flinders University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Position Details Fixed Term for 1 Year | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 5 | $74,270 -$81,966 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the College of Medicine and Publi...
Research Assistant, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 10 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Literature Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Applicati...
Ref 1513/23 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The Building Blocks Of Language: Words In Central Australian Languages, School Of Humanities And Communication Arts, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Campus Negotiable Remuneration Package: $39,341 to $46,421 pro rata rates Part-Time 0.3 FTE (10.5 hours), Fixed-Term position until 31st October 2025 About Western Western Sydney University is a m...
The Elizabeth Wood Research Fellowship In Musicology, UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE, Australia, 15 days ago
17 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE Research Field Arts Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application ...
Research Assistant, University of Sydney, Australia, 16 days ago
Full time, fixed term until 31st December 2025. Located at the University of Sydney’s International Centre for Crop Breeding and Digital Agriculture, Narrabri Exciting opportunity to contribute to...