- Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only
- Remuneration: $107,358 to $115,073 p.a.
- Full-Time, Ongoing Position, Parramatta City Campus.
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be employed by Western Sydney University on an ongoing, fixed term or casual basis at the time of this advertisement.
The School of Business is looking for an energetic and high-performing professional to join the School’s professional services team. The role represents an exciting opportunity to join and be a part of a world-class University and work with leading academics and professional staff to help deliver impactful teaching and research. If you are passionate about higher education and delivering meaningful student outcomes, please read on!
About the School
Accredited by AACSB, the School of Business takes pride in educating students in an environment that is contemporary, challenging and adapted to a rapidly evolving work, and we seek enthusiastic academics and professional staff to join our team. The School provides innovative business education to the Greater Western Sydney region and beyond. Our comprehensive programs are designed to lead to rewarding business careers in Australia and the global marketplace.
The School offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including research programs, in the following discipline areas: Accounting, Human Resources, Management, Economics, Finance, Property, Marketing, Sports Management and International Business. Innovative subjects focus on contemporary debates, perspectives, methods and technologies. Wherever possible, programs include practical training, often through industry-based internships.
The School of Business is located at the Parramatta City, Bankstown and Campbelltown Campus precincts.
Why Your Role Matters
The Research and HDR Administration Officer role is a crucial member of the School’s Professional team. The role supports the effective management of the School’s research and HDR activities through provision of high-level administrative support.
The role of the Research and HDR Administration Officer is located within Schools and works in coordination with other professional staff to:
- Enable positive research outcomes through the effective delivery of administrative support to the School’s HDR students and candidates;
- Ensure the efficient delivery of the School’s Research and Higher Degree Research activities and events;
- Ensure that the School’s research administrative tasks are carried out in an effective and timely manner and in accordance with University requirements and guidelines.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual who can address the following selection criteria:
- A tertiary qualification with extensive administrative support or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- Strong competency in information software packages such as Microsoft Office and database management, with the ability to collect, summarise, analyse and report data (student and financial) in a clear and efficient manner.
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated experience in the implementation, monitoring and review of policies and procedures, including the ability to develop professional relationships and deliver effective and timely customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, develop and apply policies and procedures efficiently and effectively to workplace operations, including the ability to ensure staff and students adhere to and understand them.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills with proven ability to deal effectively with a high-volume workload, competing priorities and unexpected events, exercising judgement and initiative and proven ability to act with discretion when dealing with student and confidential issues.
- Demonstrated experience in research administration.
If you feel that you satisfy this criterion and are interested in developing expertise in higher education, then this is the role for you!
For further information on the position, please refer to the attached Position Description.
This is a full-time, on-going position, based at the Parramatta City campus commencing in January 2024.
Remuneration Package: HEW Level 6 $107,358 to $115,073 p.a. (comprising Salary of $90,719 to $97,238 p.a., plus Superannuation and Leave Loading)
Position Enquiries: Please direct specific enquiries regarding the role toRidwan Haq, School Manager at [email protected] .
Recruitment Enquiries: Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the Recruitment Team at [email protected]
Closing Date: 8:30pm, Thursday 23 November 2023.
Working Rights in Australia - Eligibility: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For an ongoing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident and provide evidence at time of application.
Please note, only those applications submitted via the WSU online recruitment system will be accepted.
Click here to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Western Sydney University is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ, and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
If you require assistance in using the System, please email [email protected] or phone the Recruitment Helpline on (02) 9852 5422. Please note, we do not accept applications for roles to the [email protected] email. This site is optimised for all the latest browsers including Edge, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Senior Technical Officer, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, Australia, 8 days ago
17 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australi...
Casual Veterinarian, University of Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
3 x fantastic casual opportunities for registered veterinarians to contribute towards the training of future colleagues Casual positions available for an immediate start at the University Veterina...
Research Implementation Officers, UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY, Australia, 4 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austra...
Education Support Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Full time, continuing position.Located at the Faculty of Engineeringon the Camperdown campus (Ross Street) Exciting opportunity to provide a broad range of education administrative and project sup...
Higher Degree Research Support Officer, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Apply now Job no:523166 Work type:full time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Student Services The Opportunity The Higher Degree Research (HDR) Team in the Faculty of Engineering has an opportunity ...
Manager, Education Support, University of Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Use your exceptional management skills to lead the Education Support Team to continue delivering service excellence for coursework-based programs of study Provide operational support, and strategi...