UWA Child Care Centre
- Parental leave cover
- Full-time, 12 month fixed term appointment
- Salary range: Qualified Educator $58,835 - $62,903 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
UWA Child Care Services provides an Early Learning Centre that offers part-time and full-time care to children aged six weeks to five years, and an Out of School Care Service that provides After School Care and Vacation Care for pre-primary students to twelve year old’s, during state school terms and state school holidays.
About the opportunity
You will independently develop, implement and evaluate developmental programmes and maintain daily routines, in a team approach to the delivery of care. You will support senior management in liaising with parents and ensuring the Centre’s policies are adhered to.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood, Bachelor of Social Science (Children and Family Studies) or Diploma of Children’s Services, as recognised by the Child Care Licensing and Standards Unit
- Substantial experience as a Qualified Child Care Giver within a childcare setting.
- Possess leadership skills and have had experience in working with children aged 0-5 years, Working with Children Check
- Appropriate Medical Clearance, in working in a childcare setting Current Senior First Aid and / or Caring for Kids Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of the Child Care industry, including the current regulations and centre Accreditation requirements
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and evaluating developmental programmes and daily routines independently
- Proven ability to supervise and work in a team environment Verbal and written communication skills
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: Job 510049- PD - Qualified Educator.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55pm on Wednesday, 13 July 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021)
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020
Assistance and Support
UWA is committed to inclusive recruitment and is happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. If you have queries in relation to the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the 6-digit job reference number and type of communication you prefer, and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
Advertised:29 Jun 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:13 Jul 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Graduate Research Assistant, Dietitian, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
An exciting opportunity to work on a new study at the UWA Medical School, investigating the impact of plastics on human health Full-time, fixed term appointment until 30 June 2024 Base salary rang...
Scientific Manager, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
Exciting Science Management Role working with the world’s first pregnancy cohort study Level 8, full-time appointment on a three-year fixed term basis Base salary range: $103,364 – $112,981 p.a. p...
Senior Research Engineer, Square Kilometre Array (Ska) Project, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
Support the design, build, and testing of an optical fibre-based frequency distribution system Level 7, full-time appointment on a 2-year fixed term basis Base salary range: $92,679 – $102,830 p.a...
Lecturer Senior Lecturer, Curtin University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job Reference: 955168 Your new role In this specialist role, you will be responsible for leading, promoting, translating, and implementing nursing research to support strategic priorities and impe...
Associate Professor, Curtin University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job Reference: 955154 Your new role The Curtin School of Nursing is seeking to appoint an experienced academic at Associate Professorial level with demonstrated innovation and commitment to nurse ...
Lecturer, Curtin University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Job Reference: 943514 Your new role: Teach and support student learning in the Bachelor of Science (Oral health Therapy). You will be required to; Be registered with the Dental Board of Australia....