- Based in Allied Health and Human Performance at the City East campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 23 December 2023
- Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Project Officer is responsible for providing high level support to Clinical Education portfolio, which includes the strategic Department of Rural Health (DRH) project. The position manages a significant volume of information and activity to inform and support the work of the clinical education team and the DRH, and works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the goals of the portfolio.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit offers a wide range of degrees and conducts research in the fields of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, podiatry, medical radiation sciences, medical sonography, speech pathology, clinical exercise physiology, exercise and nutrition, health sciences, public health, exercise and sport science, and human movement.
Our degrees meet the evolving needs of the health industry, with our graduates actively contributing to the future health workforce in areas such as medical imaging, rehabilitation and wellness, disability, health promotion, chronic disease, pain management, wellbeing and high-performance sport.
The University of South Australia’s Department of Rural Health (DRH) is aligned to the UniSA Allied Health and Human Performance Academic Unit within the portfolio of the Dean: Clinical Education and Equity.
The DRH is funded through the Australian Government Department of Health’s Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) Program, which aims to improve the recruitment and retention of medical, dental, nursing and allied health professionals in rural and remote Australia in the following key areas:
- Providing effective rural training experiences for health students
- Developing an evidence base for the efficacy of rural training strategies in delivering rural health workforce outcomes
- Supporting rural health professionals to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Increasing the number of rural origin health and medical students
- Maximising the investment of program funds in rural, regional and remote areas for the maintenance of well supported academic networks to enhance the delivery of training to students and the provision of medical services to communities
- In consultation with the Dean: Clinical Education and Equity and Manager: Health and Clinical Education, design and initiate a range of strategic projects within the DRH and the wider clinical education portfolio where required, applying University project management methodology
- Develop work plans and detailed project plans that identify the scope of activities, timelines, resources, risks and communication strategies to ensure effective engagement with staff, students and industry partners
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative professional links with all key internal and external stakeholders and members to proactively communicate and share information to promote the work of the DRH and UniSA Health Clinics
- Research, draft and coordinate the production of submissions, reports and briefing papers and to formulate recommendations for the Project Director and DRH Executive Team. This will include working closely with the Project Director and Executive Team to proactively manage the timely achievement of key activities
- Develop and manage project budgets in consultation with the Dean and UniSA Finance teams, including tracking financial expenditure, within University governance and Finance protocols
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant profession combined with significant experience and proven expertise in business management
- Significant project management and budget management experience including the demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities under broad direction
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive consultative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including professional organisations and state and federal governments
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and influence outcomes to achieve objectives with stakeholders across all levels within and external to the organisation
- Significant experience in the development and preparation of submissions, reports and briefing papers for a wide range of audiences
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4690.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 28 November 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Manager, Flinders University, Australia, 10 days ago
Position Details Fixed term until Dec 2023 | Part-Time up to 0.6 FTE Higher Education Officer Level 8 | $102,143- $113,079 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the College o...
Senior Research Officer, Rehabilitation And Aged Care, Flinders University, Australia, 21 days ago
Position Details Fixed term for 1 year | Part-Time at 0.8FTE Higher Education Officer Level 7 | $90,063 - $99,696 p.a. Location: Flinders Medical Centre View Position Description About the College...
Project Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 12 days ago
Position Details Fixed term until May 2025 | Part-Time at 0.7 FTE Higher Education Officer Level 7| $90,063 - $99,696 pro rata Location: Bedford Park, Flinders Medical Centre View Position Descrip...
Senior Lecturer In Medicine, Flinders University, Australia, 16 days ago
Position Details Continuing | Part-Time at 0.8 FTE Academic Level C | $124,109 - $142,764 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the College of Medicine and Public Health At t...
Scientific Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 3 days ago
Position Details Fixed term until Dec 2024 | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 6 | $82,923 - $88,414 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About the International Centre for...
Ref 6588/22 School Administration Officer, Placements, School Of Health Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Campbelltown Campus Remuneration Package: $91,209 to $103,148 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term position until June 2023 About Western Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll be part of an orga...