Apply now Job no:503149
Categories:Research Administration support
- Full time, 12 month Fixed term role
- $109,944 - $123,876 base plus 17% superannuation & leave loading.
- Full working rights are required.
As the Project Manager you will play a lead role within Liver Group of the Microbiome Research Centre, St George & Sutherland Clinical School, UNSW Medicine & Health, providing practical and efficient project support for the project team and key stakeholders. The role entails developing project planning documentation, identifying, and building appropriate project teams and initiating and overseeing the project, including managing all stakeholder engagement and quality assurance.
The role will focus specifically on an MRFF grant on ‘developing the microbial-based biomarkers powered by artificial intelligence for early detection of liver cancer’ and will be a key liaison with collaborating researchers/research sites.
The role reports to the Head of the Liver Group and has no direct reports. Please see the attached position description for full details.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven project management experience, with an in-depth understanding of the project life cycle and strategic development of project plans, objectives and documentation
- Previous experience or knowledge of the clinical or research environment
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- High level of experience working with a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft and cloud based applications
- Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet competing deadlines by using judgement and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively within a team, but also to take initiative and work independently while managing competing demands.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Contact (For job related queries only):
Associate Professor Armany Zekry E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11pm, 9th November 2021
Find out more about working at UNSW at https://med.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised:26 Oct 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:09 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Business Analyst, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 11 days ago
Job No:976858 Campus Location:North Sydney Functional Unit:Student Systems Futures Projects Work Type:Fixed term full time BUSINESS ANALYST STUDENT ADMINISTRATION Work with stakeholders across the...
Administrative Officer, Deakin University, Australia, 7 days ago
Apply now Job no:517216 Work type:Full-time Location:Other - Regional Victoria Categories:Administration, Health Regional Location: Ballarat, Warrnambool or Colac Full-time (36.75 hours per week),...
Accommodation Coordinator, Operations, Australian Catholic University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job No:976934 Campus Location:North Sydney Functional Unit:ACU Residential Life Unit Work Type:Continuing full time ACCOMMODATION COORDINATOR, OPERATIONS ACU RESIDENTIAL LIFE UNIT Assist the Natio...
Associate Director, Student Systems, Australian Catholic University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Job No:976929 Campus Location:North Sydney Functional Unit:Student Systems Work Type:Fixed term full time As a leading Catholic university globally, ACU is committed to student-centred education; ...
Hr Appointments Officer, Australian Catholic University, Australia, 11 days ago
Job No:976911 Campus Location:Brisbane, North Sydney, Strathfield, Canberra, Ballarat, Melbourne Functional Unit:Appointments Management Work Type:Fixed term full time Contributes to the effective...
Associate Lecturer/ Lecturer In Speech Pathology (Clinical/Academic Joint Position), Australian Catholic University, Australia, 11 days ago
Job No:976781 Campus Location:North Sydney Functional Unit:Speech Pathology (North Sydney) Work Type:Fixed term full time Full time position Three (3) year, fixed term appointment Joint Appointmen...