9 May 2023
UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
14 May 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Full-time, 3-year Fixed Term role
- Project Manager with Research Insights focus for the DVC Research portfolio
- Newly created position that will directly contribute to the 2032 strategy
- $129,847 - $137,008 Base + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor, this newly created position will play a pivotal role in driving research excellence for the DVC Research Portfolio. You will work closely with the PVCR and stakeholders across the Research portfolio and with the Advanced Analytics, Planning (AAP) and Enterprise Data team to focus on the interpretation of data and analytics on research. Utilising project management, business and data analytics skills, you will influence senior-level thinking and stakeholders at all levels, and support clients with actionable insights and recommendations.
About the role
- collaborate with the PVC Research and across the DVC Research portfolio to develop and monitor a forward program of research analytics requirements
- gather business requirements, data mapping and analysis to build and implement overall research insights project plans to ensure milestones and deliverables are realised
- manage stakeholders and communications to enable effective collaboration and teamwork with other project teams and stakeholders across the University
- tertiary qualification and/or relative work experience in project management and business analytics
- demonstrated experience in data analytics and visualisation technologies to see the 'bigger picture' and drive continuous improvement
- proven experience in project management of multiple work streams/ leading projects within a large complex organisation (higher education or government preferred)
- experience with Power BI dashboards or other related business intelligence tools.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights forAustralia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page. If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply. For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Nicole Cunningham, Recruitment Operations, on 0449973799 or by email to Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org .
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 14 May 2023 11:59 PM
- Number of offers available
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
Where to apply
Senior Service Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Fixed Term position – 12 month contract opportunity Fantastic opportunity to join the Research Service Desk, providing front line support and advice for the central Research Portfolio Located on t...
Finance Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Full time, continuing opportunity for a resolute Finance Manager Seeking a CA qualified accountant to join our award-winning CPA NSW Finance Team Base Salary $120,852 - $132,079 + 17% superannuati...
Service Designer Research, University of Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
2-year, full-time fixed term opportunity, with the possibility for extension Exciting opportunity to enable researchers to achieve real world impact through their activities Base Salary $145,184 +...
Service Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, 20 days ago
Full time 12month Fixed term position located on the Camperdown/Darlington campus Fantastic opportunity to join the Research Service Desk, providing front line support and advice for the central R...
Operations Manager, University of Sydney, Australia, about 7 hours ago
Full time 2-year fixed term until November 2025 Key Operations Management role within DVC Indigenous Strategy and Services portfolio Base salary $135, 820 + 17% Superannuation + Leave Loading Abou...
Proposal Assurance & Submission Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Full time, continuing role based in Sydney, Darlington Campus Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment within the Research Pre-Award team Base salary $104,633 - $113,992 + 17% superannuation H...