Consolidating engineering, economics and science capabilities to form WA School of Mines: Minerals, Energy and Chemical Engineering, the School attracts strong industry partnerships and investment in high-tech facilities, operating from campuses in Perth and the historic mining town of Kalgoorlie located in the Goldfields region of Western Australia.
Your new role
A unique opportunity exists for a Project Manager to lead the installation and commissioning of the $17M Curtin Cathode Precursor Pilot Project development. This is a flagship project of the Future Battery Industries CRC and the first of its kind in Australia. The plant will produce up to 8kg per day of PCAM (precursor cathode active material) and is an important step towards the establishment of a larger commercial facility in Australia to manufacture cathode materials.
In this role you will:
- Manage the day-to-day activities required to complete the installation and commissioning of the Cathode Precursor Pilot Project at the CSIRO Waterford facility.
- Form a close working relationship with the Curtin Project Engineer who will guide the role and oversee the technical aspects of the project.
- Act as key focal point for contractors on site (e.g. electrical trades, plumbers and mechanics) to ensure that the various scopes of work are carried out safely and effectively.
- Ensure that the project is kept on schedule and that tasks are completed accordingly, with responsibility for expediting where necessary.
- Liaise with the Engineering subcontractor Lycopodium to oversee the detailed design and subsequent installation & commissioning of the facility in accordance with the engineering documentation,
- Work with the facility building owner CSIRO to co-ordinate the induction and co-ordination of contractor’s to the site, in accordance with Curtin and CSIRO security and safety procedures.
- Work with Curtin Procurement to establish contractor work scopes, assess bids and award contracts.
- Work with BHP regarding the existing equipment that will be removed from site and have a detailed understanding of the equipment that will remain and be incorporated into the Pilot Production Plant.
- Ensure that safety systems and procedures are in place and are being followed.
- Manage all activities related to assigned project/s, from start up, planning, implementation and close-out, using appropriate project management methodology and systems, to achieve the defined project outcomes.
- Develop relevant project initiation documentation (PID), including work plans, timelines, implementation and evaluation methods, costings and communication strategies.
- Build relationships with and liaise with relevant partners and stakeholders to identify project deliverables and negotiate clear objectives and appropriate project outcomes.
- Maintain communication and productive relationships with the project team, project stakeholders and any other relevant contacts, ensuring all parties are kept informed throughout all phases of the project.
- Identify impacts and risks associated with the project and report on and manage these.
- Where applicable, manage any subordinate staff and contractors.
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- State of the art offices and agile working.
- Vibrant campus with an array of food trucks, coffee shops and restaurants
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- Demonstrated high level project management skills with the ability to manage and implement project plans to achieve desired outcomes within budget and resourcing constraints.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to consult and liaise effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and with cross cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills with the ability to construct clear and concise project reports.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a cross functional team.
- Demonstrated critical analysis skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making.
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019).
10pm Wednesday 4th August
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Executive Director, International Centre For Radio Astronomy Research, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Job no:507021 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Science, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Executive Executive Director International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research Rare op...
Administrative Officer (Centre For Social Impact), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 14 days ago
Job no:507547 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Centre for Social Impact Play a key role in the Danjoo Koorliny Walking Together Towards 2029 and b...
Network Engineer Connected Campus, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:507467 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Two full-time, fixed-term appointments until 31 December 2022 Salary range: Level 6 - 8 $83,005 - $110,766 p.a....
Maintenance Planner, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 17 days ago
Job no:507530 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Campus / facilities management Campus Management Opportunity to be an integral member of the campus management maintenance departmen...
Outreach Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 17 days ago
Job no:507351 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services Student Life Make a positive impact on the lives of disadvantaged students Fixed term full t...
Centre Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Job no:506813 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Campus / facilities management School of Engineering Department of Mechanical Engineering Centre for Engineering Innovation: Agricultu...