- $90,220 to $101,090 (HEW 7)
- Fixed-term, Full-time, Joondalup Campus
- Open to candidates with the relevant working rights
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
$90,220 to $101,090 (HEW 7)
FIXED-TERM (12 MONTHS), FULL-TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPUS
ECU has a long established national and international track record of academic leadership in cyber security with extensive connections across business, academic and government sectors. ECU is currently one of two Academic Centres of Cyber Security Excellence (ACCSE), and lead university for the Cyber Security Cooperative Research Centre.
Headquartered at Edith Cowan University Joondalup Campus, the Western Australian AustCyber Innovation Hub (WAACIH) is part of the AustCyber National Network of Cyber Security Innovation nodes, a series of bilateral partnerships between AustCyber and Australia’s eight State and Territory governments, which fosters and accelerates cyber capability development, innovation and commercialisation across Australia. The WAACIH was established in 2018 under the State Government’s New Industries Fund (NIF), with the intent to grow and diversify the economy and create employment in the cyber security sector.
Under direction of the WAACIH Manager, the Project & Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for project delivery including logistics, communications, reporting, research, evaluation and other activities, including COVID-19 response and recovery, in support of the WAACIH objectives.
- Project Management – You love getting things done, and executing plans strategically, aligning elements of WAACIH’s annual workplan and connection to the national AustCyber workplan.
- Advocacy & Events – planning, attending and hosting of events that add strategic value to target audiences in Perth, and around the State. You are comfortable attending conferences and speaking on panels, communicating key messages clearly, and inspiring others.
- Community Building – a born networker, you have the ability to build communities with common goals, and connect with different audiences.
- Relevant experience in project coordination and delivery within approved scope of work, including knowledge of and experience using project management tools
- Experience delivering presentations at meetings, workshops and events, with the ability to organise and present information, views and concepts in an understandable, interesting and appropriate format for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, build and maintain relevant networks in order to achieve objectives and add value.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, with capacity to analyse issues from different perspectives, draw sound inferences from available data, identify and propose solutions.
- An understanding of cyber security concepts and local industry would be desirable.
- An interest in design thinking and innovation methodologies would be desirable.
On occasion, this role will be required to visit regional areas to deliver Western Australian AustCyber Innovation Hub programs. The ability to share in driving duties will be an advantage. Covid-19 vaccination and Working with Children checks essential due to outreach in school communities.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time fixed term position attracts remuneration of $90,220 to $101,090 plus 17% superannuation.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
If you have any questions, then please contact Cecily Rawlinson on 08 6304 7185 or Shayne McKinnon on 08 6304 5176 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a covering letter (covering letter no more than 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the role, with particular focus on addressing the selection criteria advertised.
Applications close on Sunday 30 January 2022 at 11.30pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Description Opens in new window
Specialist (Cybersecurity Awareness And Assurance), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job no:509713 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology University IT Full-time, fixed term appointment until August 2023 Salary range: Level 8 The University of Weste...
Technical Officer Electrical Engineering, Curtin University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Job Reference: 864038 About us Curtin’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is a place where students and staff alike can apply their studies and research to real-world industry challenges. It is i...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor In Architecture And Construction , The University of Sydney ;, Australia, 13 days ago
Opportunity to contribute to teaching and research in architecture and construction Join a highly supportive and collegial School Offering a salary of $110, 856 to $180,128 p.a. plus 17% superannu...
Network Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
University IT Join us in building and deploying a modern dynamic network at UWA using newly acquired equipment. Be part of a dynamic and motivated team delivering real outcomes. Full-time, ongoin...
Manager, Entrepreneurship Pathway Programs, Curtin University, Australia, about 8 hours ago
Job Reference: 892251 Calling all innovators and big-picture-thinkers with a passion for education! Do you want to play a key role in enabling high school students to become the entrepreneurs of o...
Spatial Data Coordinator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job no:509734 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Trades & Services, Campus / facilities management Campus Management Full-time, fixed-term appointment until 10 Feb 2023 Level 6 - Sala...