Job Reference: 1058737
Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities plays a key role in delivering Curtin University’s core strategic outcomes with three diverse Schools (Design and the Built Environment, Education, and Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry). As a destination for progressive thinkers, Curtin’s Faculty of Humanities focuses on providing globally relevant qualifications that value sustainability and focus on community development and social justice. We embrace study that investigates and celebrates digital futures and that understands the crucial importance of the arts and creative industries.
As part of the 2030 Curtin Strategic plan The Faculty of Humanities is committed to making a transformational difference to Human Futures through four platforms. Indigenous Futures, Sustainable Futures, Global Futures and Learning Futures. https://www.curtin.edu.au/about/learning-teaching/humanities/about-humanities/futures-platforms/
Your new role
We are looking for an exceptional administrator with extensive project coordination and leadership skills to manage and coordinate a critical project across the Faculty.
The role will focus on delivering, reviewing and streamlining processes related to students appeals processing and involve liaison with university, faculty, school staff and student support systems to build best practice to ensure compliance with policy, and procedural instruments.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be will need to be flexible and adaptable, with:
- Demonstrated organisational/project management skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines;
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people and with cross cultural sensitivity;
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in supporting others, respecting differences, leading, accepting direction, and working to group goals;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as working across a multitude of different teams;
- Managing sensitive and confidential information in accordance with Curtin guidelines and general privacy principles;
- Advanced experience in use of MS Office Suite, particularly spreadsheets and university student management systems.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Coordinating activities related to the assigned project, using appropriate project management methodology and systems, to achieve the defined project outcomes;
- Liaising with relevant partners and stakeholders and work with them to identify project deliverables and define clear objectives and appropriate project outcomes;
- Managing and coordinating project work plans, timelines, implementation and evaluation methods, building solid relationships with learning and teaching academics through consistent communication and feedback;
- Communicating with project stakeholders and provide progress update reports to ensure schedules are being met, preparing and writing project and progress reports and related documentation;
- Communicating and negotiating with staff across all aspects of university teaching delivery functions to facilitate administrative requirements and processes.
You will require current work rights in Australia that match the tenure of this role.Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Karen Clay - General Manager, Faculty of Humanities at email@example.com 9266 5899.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
To apply, please provide a cover letter, and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role. In your cover letter, please include how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role and what you believe you can bring to this role.
Applications close: 10PM AWST, Thursday 18th May 2023.
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
Aus Src Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
AusSRC Senior Project Scientist The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy is seeking to appoint the Senior Project Scientist for the Australian SKA Regional Centre. Continuing contract, full time (p...
Senior Research Engineer (Ska), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Senior Research Engineer (Ska), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 14 days ago
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) Great opportunity to be part of and contribute to an internationally renowned research centre Full-time appointment on a 12-month fixed te...
Administrative Assistant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 19 days ago
Job no:515329 Work type:part time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Social Sciences Work on a research project that is contributing to development in Africa and the In...
Project Officer – (Fitout, Refurbishment & Construction), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
$100,094 to $107,992 (HEW 6) (inclusive of superannuation) Fixed term (5 years), Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents PROJECT OF...
Project Manager – (Fitout, Refurbishment & Construction), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
$125,046 to $140,839 (HEW 8) (inclusive of superannuation) Fixed term (5 years), Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents PROJECT MA...