The Student Experience area delivers a diverse range of programs and services which support students through every stage of their experience at Curtin. The core operational units are the Careers, Employment, Leadership & Volunteering Centre, Counselling and Accessibility Services, Digital Student Engagement, Residential Experience, Curtin Stadium and the Health Service.
While offering a diverse range of programs and services across these components, all operational units work collaboratively, striving to deliver seamless support to students. This collaborative culture extends outside the area itself, with strong partnerships in place with academic and non-academic areas across the University including branch and international campuses.
About the role:
You will be primarily responsible for coordinating and implementing projects and initiatives with a portfolio wide focus arising from the Student Experience Directorate’s business plans and acts as the key liaison person with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective management of the portfolio operations.
In this role you will…..
- Coordinate activities related to projects assigned by the Director, using appropriate project management methodology and systems to achieve the defined project outcomes.
- Liaise with Faculty/Schools and other relevant partners and stakeholders and work with them to coordinate project activities, timelines and work plans.
- Coordinate resources associated with the delivery of assigned projects and monitor projects costs.
- Monitor and report on progress and performance against project schedules and performance indicators.
- Communicate with project stakeholders, prepare project reports and provide progress reports as required.
- Monitor, and assist with the preparation of the area budget on advice from the Director and in consultation with the University’s finance function.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services!
- Opportunity for ongoing career development.
- We are ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019).
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA).
For further information on Curtin’s employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with……
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and considerable relevant experience; or extensive relevant experience and project management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage and implement project plans to achieve desired outcomes within prescribed constraints.
- Demonstrated skills in financial and budget management.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines.
- High level interpersonal and oral + written communication skills.
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 9pm Monday 8th November 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019)
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Manager, Urban Planning, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:508347 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Campus / facilities management Campus Management Large property portfolio across WA Key role within an experienced and diverse Team Ex...
Web Developer Internship, ACS Foundation, Australia, 5 days ago
Perth, WA About Us Curtin University is a highly ranked Australian public research and teaching university. The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy undertakes research into astrophysics, astronom...
Secretariat Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 22 hours ago
Job no:508037 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Administration & Executive support Governance Full-time, 2 year fixed-term appointment Salary range: Level 6 $83,005 – $87,723 p.a. pl...
Digital Channel Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 22 hours ago
Job no:508630 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing, Information Technology Brand, Marketing and Recruitment Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: L...
Financial Accountant, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 7 $90,862 - $100,814 plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world an...
Manager (Financial Reporting And Compliance), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 11 days ago
Full-time, ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 10 $133,503 - $138,704 plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world ...