Job Reference: 827844
The WA Data Science Innovation Hub (WADSIH) has been established to enable the application of data science for the benefit of all West Australians. It is jointly funded by the Government of Western Australia's New Industries Fund and Curtin University.
The Hub enables Western Australia to build a data driven ecosystem and culture by fostering collaboration, promoting expertise, advocating and enabling data literacy across the community, industry, academia and government for all Western Australians.
The Hub works to ensure Western Australia remains at the forefront of the digital revolution by increasing the uptake, education, training and awareness of data science. Learn more about WASDIH here: https://wadsih.org.au/
In this role you will:Key responsibilities
- Liaise with internal and external partners across industry, government and academia to identify opportunities to promote data science in WA.
- Facilitate workshops, using a design thinking approach, to help organisations to identify and define opportunities for data science projects.
- Work closely with WADSIH’s Communications and Stakeholder Coordinator to facilitate events to build collaborative relationships and highlight WA’s data science expertise.
- Identify and manage program impacts and risks, manage resources, oversee the implementation of program deliverables, and evaluate program outcomes.
- Work closely with the Director and Program Manager (Regional Initiatives) to manage key initiatives of the Hub.
- Extensive relevant project management experience and expertise.
- Experience facilitating workshops, delivering training and presenting at events for a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated understanding of design thinking approach to problem solving and driving innovation and outcomes-focused approach to program evaluation.
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to construct clear and concise project reports.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a cross functional team, including the capacity to supervise and manage other staff.
- Excellent critical analysis skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
- Easily accessible location with great parking, bus station and end of trip facilities
- State of the art offices and agile working.
- Vibrant campus with an array of food trucks, coffee shops and restaurants
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
- A vibrant campus with gym, child care, wellness programs, medical and counselling services.
- Opportunity for on-going career development and opportunity to attend national and international conferences
- Curtin continues to be a leader in reconciliation in the Higher Education sector, being one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevate RAP - the highest level within Reconciliation Australia’s Workplace RAP Framework.
- The University has recently been named as one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 by the Diversity Council of Australia (DCA)
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and resume to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 9:00pm Friday 10 December 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on email@example.com. Please note we will not accept applications via this email.
Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin
We are committed to ensuring that Curtin has an inclusive environment, free from harassment, in which all students, staff and the community feel respected, valued and welcome.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and are committed to making reasonable adjustments to enable people with disability to participate fully in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
We have received recognition in this area:
- Voted one of Australia’s Inclusive Employers for 2019-2020 (Diversity Council of Australia).
- Have become one of the first Universities to receive accreditation for an Elevated Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Achieved Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation (2018-2020).
- Voted 16th best workplace for new dads in Australia (HBF - Direct Advice for Dads, 2019)
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Associate Director, Development, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job no:508314 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing, Policy and Planning Development and Alumni Relations Based in Perth, Australia Competitive salary an...
Director, Human Resources, The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Job no:508898 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Human Resources, Executive The University of Western Australia Director, Human Resources The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ...
Placement Officer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 11 days ago
Job no:508420 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services, Research support, Teaching support and design School of Allied Health Full-time, ongoing ap...
Manager, Engagement And Education (Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:508658 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Community Engagement/Marketing Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery An exciting, creative role leading the engagement and education program for...
Associate Director, Academic Innovation And Business Development, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 2 days ago
Job no:507969 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Business Development, Executive Associate Director, Academic Innovation and Business Development Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancello...
Librarian (Collection And Access Services), The University of Western Australia, Australia, about 1 hour ago
UWA Library Part-time (0.75 FTE), ongoing appointment Salary range: Level 6 $83,005 - $87,723 (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top...