8 Sep 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Leading Researcher (R4)
- Application Deadline
15 Oct 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Academic Level E + 17% Superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne CBD and Bundoora campus
The Professor is a senior academic and eminent researcher in the specialist field of Structural Engineering in the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering discipline, contributing significantly to teaching and research outputs, building capability of staff and promoting strong academic performance. You will provide high level research leadership, developing and leading research project teams and programs, fostering a vibrant research culture. You will be required to develop a high-quality and productivity-driven research network across RMIT and with external national and global partners.
As the Professor you will also teach and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the Structural Engineering, with the aim of improving learning outcomes for students. You will make a significant contribution to the planning and strategic direction of the School of Engineering, taking on major academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University, as appropriate.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- PhD in relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage award program/s and lead program reviews.
- Demonstrate distinction at the national level and an internationally recognised research track record in Structural Engineering.
- Proven ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding.
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices.
- Evidence of demonstrated strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and effective membership of a management team that developed and achieved shared goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the School of Engineering
The School of Engineering (within STEM College ) is based on innovation and creativity. Our disciplines provide programs with flexible pathways to global careers or postgraduate research encompassing:
- Aerospace Engineering and Aviation;
- Chemical and Environmental Engineering;
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Electrical and Biomedical Engineering;
- Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering Mechanical and Automotive Engineering; and
- Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics Engineering.
Click here for more information about the School.
Please submit your CV, covering letter, and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description hyperlink below or contact Kassie McKnight, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor via email on email@example.com
Position Description - Professor, Structural Engineering
Applications close on Sunday, 15th October at 11.59pm.
About RMIT University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 96,000 students and close to 10,000 staff globally. The University's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students to prepare them for life and work.
Why work at RMIT University
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. Find out more about working at RMIT University, what we stand for and why we are an Employer of Choice.
We want to attract those who will make a difference. View RMIT's impressive standings in university rankings.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity . When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
At RMIT, we are committed to supporting adjustments throughout the recruitment and selection process, as well as during employment. We actively support and encourage people with disability to apply to RMIT. To discuss adjustment requirements, please contact Kassie (Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor), via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Careers page for more contact information - https://www.rmit.edu.au/careers
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Number of offers available
- RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Health Safety And Wellbeing Systems Administrator, RMIT University, Australia, 4 days ago
Overview: Ongoing, full-time position to support the Health, Safety & Wellbeing Team Salary Level HEW 7 (from $94,838 pa + 17% Superannuation) Based at the RMIT campus in the heart of the city Abo...
Manager, Planning And Operations, RMIT University, Australia, 2 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until December 2025 Salary HEW 9 + 17% Superannuation Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, and hybrid ways of working About You Reporting to the Director, RM...
Senior Advisor, Indigenous Careers And Engagement, RMIT University, Australia, 8 days ago
Overview: Ongoing, full-time position to lead career development programsAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students - Indigenous Identified role * Salary Level HEW 8 ($106,690 pa + 17% Superan...
Technology & Content Advisor, RMIT University, Australia, 2 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Continuing position Salary HEW 6 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based ...
Administrative Officer, Dean's Office, RMIT University, Australia, 6 days ago
Overview: Full-time, Fixed Term position until November 2024 Salary HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Brunswick campus, but may be required to work and/or b...
Casual It Operations & Support Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 20 days ago
Overview: Salary D1 scale, hourly rate: $46.95 Casual, Part time role till June 2024 (3 days per week Great office location - Bourke Street Melbourne Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples ...