25 May 2023
- Research Field
Ethics in health sciences
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
7 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
- Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus
- Full-time and continuing
- Level E $196,400 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
The Professor will be responsible for providing academic and professional leadership to clinical and academic staff and students, appropriate to the research focus and clinical priorities of the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
The Professor will provide leadership in research programs and in the development of inquiry-based research and activities to inform clinical practice with the intended results leading to improved patient outcomes and higher professional recognition of Deakin University and the nursing profession.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Integrating industry, clinical and/or research practices to inform unit / course design across discipline
- Leading teaching teams to develop courses and materials which influence teaching for the discipline in peer institutions or nationally, or across multiple disciplines
- Developing new innovation in curriculum design which is adopted in peer institutions or nationally
- Delivering learner-centric, research-informed teaching practices across different levels / modes of delivery
- Leading the integration of industry, clinical and/or research practice at interfaculty and/or university level
- Working collaboratively with teaching teams across other universities to develop new practices and frameworks to improve student learning outcomes
- Leading review of units and courses across disciplines within in peer institutions and nationally
- Leading university mentoring programs, including contributing to development of strategy, policy and frameworks
- Leading large scale, highly productive, high-quality research and scholarship activities generating high impact outputs
- Developing and lead major academic or other collaborations that enable novel research or creative activities recognised internationally
- Widely communicates outputs to discipline(s), other sectors and the community, including nationally and internationally
- Ensuring deep impact of academic activity in the field and the community
- Recruiting and supervising HDR students with timely completion and productive, outcomes
- Providing effective mentoring to HDR students, ECRs and MCRs to support professional and career development and employability
- Leading major initiatives that ensure widespread adoption of culture of research excellence, innovation and impact
- Leading teams and succeed in funding opportunities for large-scale / strategic research and creative activities, demonstrating sustained successes
Key selection criteria for this role:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a registered nurse
- PhD in a relevant discipline
- evidence of original, innovative and distinguished contribution to scholarship and teaching, research and research supervision
- demonstrated success as an eminent authority at the national and international level in research and scholarship through high quality publications and exhibitions, as appropriate to the discipline
- sustained success in obtaining competitive external research grants
- excellence in engagement with research, community, industry and government to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline
- evidence of successful leadership of teaching, research and/or administration
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Professor 539062.pdf
Applications for this position close on Wednesday 7 June.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Evidence of immunisation status
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
Please submit your updated resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Nikki Phillips, Head of School via firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
- Number of offers available
- DEAKIN UNIVERSITY
Where to apply
Chair In Nursing (Monash Health Partnership), Deakin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545853 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Predominantly based at Monash Health, an office at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus will also be arranged. F...
Senior Technical Officer, Mechanical And Digital Fabrication, Deakin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545423 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Technical Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and Continuing HEW 6 $89,012 - $96,126 (salary effect...
Senior Technical Officer, Civil And Environmental, Deakin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545422 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Technical Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and Continuing HEW 6 $89,012 - $96,126 (salary effect...
Management Accountant, Deakin University, Australia, 13 days ago
Apply now Job no:545407 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Finance Flexible location, Burwood or Geelong Full-time and continuing HEW 8 - $105,612 - $120,918 + 17% Superan...
Lecturer, Environmental Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545482 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Education, Science Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739 +...
Lecturer, Mechatronics Engineering, Deakin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Apply now Job no:545499 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Engineering, Science Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739...