Professor - ICT
Apply now »
Date: 31 Dec 2023
Job Location: Rockhampton, QLD, AU Sydney, NSW, AU
Company: Central Queensland University
About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Engineering and Technology
- CQUniversity Rockhampton or Sydney
- Comprehensive relocation package available
- Total Remuneration $235,051 pa (including salary of $198,622 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
CQUniversity is committed to delivering our students with lifelong learning opportunities that support their entire career journey. We do this through the delivery of courses from certificate to doctorate level and learning platforms that provide flexibility. The School of Engineering and Technology and the College of Information and Communications Technology are bringing our focus on engaged and innovative education to benefit students, industry and communities in regional areas and beyond.
We are seeking an innovative Professor – ICT to to play a significant role in contributing to the mission and objectives of the School and University. Assume a distinct role in leading and nurturing excellence in research, teaching, professional engagement, and policy advancement within the Information and Communications Technology domain.
Working in the College of ICT at CQUni offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of technology. Our courses provide students with solid foundational skills and practical experience. Applicants invited for interview will be expected to do a presentation in conjunction with the selection interview process.
The successful applicant will provide a high level of academic leadership to the discipline, School and University through initiating, implementing and participating in activities such as internal and/or external teaching, research, development activities and education development.
Working in ICT at CQUniversity offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of technology. Our courses provide students with both cutting-edge theory and practical experience. Play a vital role in shaping the future of our institution and developing our students into industry-ready professionals.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous carers, maternity and paternity leave
- 17% superannuation (with the choice of joining an award-winning superfund)
- Flexible and inclusive work / life balance
- Fantastic staff professional / career development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Doctoral qualifications (PhD) plus significant experience in the relevant discipline.
- Accreditation and standing evidenced by an extensive research publication and grant record.
- Understanding of current professional and educational issues in the domain, through a network of industry stakeholders.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) Membership Certified.
- Initiation and development of unit material/curriculum, ensuring that the units for which you are responsible are kept up to date and take into account, student and other feedback.
- Established competence in personnel management, including the adept handling of performance assessment, mentorship, and team motivation to attain superior outcomes.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and network effectively with industry and community partners and stakeholders.
- Proven history of publishing in esteemed academic journals, with applicants required to provide their Scopus H-index and the current impact factor for each published article.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description .
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Friday, 5 January 2024
Job Requisition ID: 3787
(07) 4923 2758
When submitting your application, please ensure that you include: Your current CV or Resume and a Cover Letter detailing how your skills and experiences match the selection criteria.
Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.
Apply now »
Faculty Position Computer Science, Computer Engineering And Information Security, SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT), Singapore, 24 days ago
9 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT) Research Field Computer science Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Resear...
Research Software Engineer, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Are you an early-career researcher with experience in developing research software and are you eager to support cutting-edge research? If so, join us! The TU Delft Digital Competence Centre (DCC) ...
Ict Developer / Data Analyst In Cognitive And Systems Neuroscience, AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
The Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience (CSN) group , part of the Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated candidate to support data analysis and ICT ...
Ref 277/24 Technical Officer, Mechanical Engineering, Office Of Teaching & Research Technical Services, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Part-time (0.8 FTE – 28 hours per week), ongoing position based at Parramatta Remuneration: $75,412 to $85,282 p.a. (pro-rata rates) Flex Leave|Professional Development Opportunities Part-time (0....
Senior Network Engineer, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium, 11 days ago
22 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) Research Field Computer science » Database management Computer science » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Rese...
Professor In Transport Systems Integration, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Shape the future of transport systems in society as our new Full Professor! Join a dynamic team at the forefront of innovation. Lead groundbreaking research and drive transformative change. The fu...