Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Lecturer: $111,603 - $132,529 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
Senior Lecturer: $136,711 - $157,637 pa Level C (plus 17% employer superannuation)
Associate Professor: $164,615 - $181,348 pa Level D (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Amplify your impact at a world top 50 University
- Accelerate your career at the # 1 Faculty of Education in Australia
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas - and the people who discover them
At Monash , work feels different. There’s a sense of belonging, from contributing to something groundbreaking – a place where great things happen. We make tangible contributions because our purpose is clear; to deliver positive economic, social and environmental impact in resolving the global challenges of our age.
At the core of achieving this purpose is the diversity of our staff. We welcome and value everyone's contributions, lived experience and expertise. When you come to work, you can be yourself, be a change-maker and develop your career in exciting ways. This is why we champion an inclusive and respectful workplace culture where everyone is supported to succeed.
Together with our commitment to academic freedom , you will have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure, world class teaching spaces, and international collaboration opportunities.
Learn more about Monash .
Monash Education is one of the world’s leading Faculties of Education, ranked number one in Australia and 13th in the world (in several rankings), but driven, above all, by a passion to make a difference in people’s lives. A large, multi-campus Faculty with nearly 7,000 students, 180 academic and 90 professional staff, our focus on education and educational psychology and counselling spans the early years through to adulthood and across all curriculum areas. We work with governments and agencies across Australia and around the world and deliver complex, capability-building initiatives for teachers, school leaders, psychologists and counsellors.
Underpinning our work is a deep commitment to equity and social justice, and to fostering fair and sustainable futures. As a Faculty, our academic teams work in one of three schools that align with their research. These are the School of Curriculum, Teaching and Inclusive Education; the School of Educational Psychology and Counselling; and the School of Education, Culture and Society. The Faculty has a truly vibrant research culture supported by research groups, international distinguished research fellows, our student community and visiting scholars.
The Faculty of Education at Monash University is providing an exciting opportunity for a Primary Science Lecturer (Level B), Senior Lecturer (Level C), or Associate Professor (Level D) in the School of Curriculum Teaching and Inclusive Education. This opportunity offers outstanding potential for a successful candidate to develop their academic career.
When you work with Monash Education you get to work with world-leading academics who produce research that has impact. We have academic staff with diverse research interests who can provide mentoring and supervision. We also have a group of internationally respected Distinguished Research Fellows from other leading Faculties of Education around the world. In addition, we have a strong network of alumni and industry leaders who provide our staff with strong connections and enhanced opportunities for professional development and collaboration. For further information about the Faculty of Education, click here .
As a Science Education research group, we share concerns over the ways in which science and STEM can impact and empower individuals and communities. Our expertise spans across all age groups, from early years to adulthood. We are committed to addressing diversity, equity and social justice issues in science education, to exploring culturally relevant and culturally-responsive science teaching, to addressing issues of student engagement and quality teaching within science education and in exploring the contribution science education can make to public understandings of science.
Some of the key differences between the different levels for each role are below. Please refer and respond to the specific responsibilities and key selection criteria in your application:
Lecturer - Level B
- A Level B academic is expected to make contributions to the teaching associated with primary science education within the School of Curriculum, Teaching and Inclusive Education and to carry out activities to maintain and develop scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to primary science education
- To be considered, you will have a doctorate in primary science education or equivalent accreditation and standing
Senior Lecturer - Level C
- A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching of primary science education within the School of Curriculum, Teaching and Inclusive Education
- An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities relevant to primary science education
- To be considered, a doctoral in primary science education or equivalent accreditation and standing is required, as well as a demonstrated publication record in high-quality refereed journals, conferences, equivalent textbooks or teaching resources
Associate Professor - Level D
- A Level D academic is expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the Faculty, their interdisciplinary area as well as play a significant role progressing primary science education. Academics at this level may be appointed in recognition of distinction in the primary science education area
- To be considered at this level, you will have a doctoral qualification and/or recognised significant experience in primary science education
- In determining experience relative to qualifications, regard shall be given to teaching experience, experience in research, experience outside tertiary education, creative achievement, professional contributions and/or contributions to technical achievement
- A position at this level will also require a record of high quality scholarly and professional achievement in primary science education
Diversity is one of our greatest strengths at Monash. We encourage applications from First Nations people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and people of all genders, sexualities, and age groups.
Join the pursuit of our purpose to build a better future for ourselves and our communities – #ChangeIt with us.
Monash avidly supports flexible and hybrid working arrangements. We have a range of policies in place enabling staff to combine work and personal commitments more easily .
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to 'How to apply for Monash Jobs '.
Associate Professor Justen O'Connor, Associate Dean Academic Strategy, Faculty of Education, Justen.O’[email protected]
Lecturer Primary Science Education - Level B
Senior Lecturer Primary Science Education - Level C
Associate Professor Science Education - Level D
Monday 1 January 2024, 11:55pm AEDT
Please note: Monash University will be closed from Thursday 21 December 2023 until Monday 1 January 2024 inclusive
Supporting a diverse workforce
Lecturer In Chemistry For Clean Energy, Monash University, Australia, 3 days ago
Lecturer in Chemistry for Clean Energy Job No: 660251 Location: Clayton campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: $111,603 - $132,529 pa Level B (plus 17% em...
Indigenous Health Education Positions, Monash University, Australia, 3 days ago
Indigenous Health Education Positions Job No.: 636959 Location: Clayton, Caulfield or Peninsula campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: 3-year fixed-term appointment Remuneration: $111,603 - $...
Assistant Lecturer (Education Focused), Monash University, Australia, 3 days ago
Assistant Lecturer (Education-Focused) Job No.: 661736 Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: $78,120 - $106,022 pa Level A (plus 17% ...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer Business Law & Taxation, Monash University, Australia, 3 days ago
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer - Business Law & Taxation Job No.: 661967 Location: Caulfield campus Employment Type: Full-time Duration: Continuing appointment Remuneration: $111,603 - $132,529 pa Lev...
Clinical Research Midwife O&G, Monash University, Australia, 3 days ago
Clinical Research Midwife O&G Job No.: 661081 Location: Monash Medical Centre Employment Type: 3 x Part-time, fraction (0.5 - 0.7) Duration: 12-month fixed-term appointment Remuneration: Pro-rata ...
Senior Lecturer, Nurse Practitioner Nursing And Midwifery, Monash University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Senior Lecturer, Nurse Practitioner - Nursing and Midwifery Job No: 662419 Location: Clayton or Peninsula campus EmploymentType: Part-time, fraction (0.4) Duration: Continuing appointment Remunera...