Job Reference: 1120062
Digital & Technology Solutions
Curtin is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services data centre powered by Amazon Web Services, revamping our approach to identity management and designing a roadmap of ground-breaking innovations that will transform our digital experiences for our students and staff.
We are commencing the transition to a product driven model where customers are at the heart. We are looking for top talent who are excited about the power of digital and want to be part of this exciting transformation journey while participating in our industry-leading team development program called ElevateU.
If you enjoy technology, transformation, continual innovation and change then the Digital & Technology Solutions team at Curtin is for you!
Your new role
We have an opportunity available for a strategicPractice Lead
to join our Products Team on a Continuing (Permanent) Full time basis. This is an integral leadership role where you will oversee a high performing team of Software Developers. In this role, you will lead the team towards success by ensuring key deliverables are met and be the driving force towards process improvements.
If you are a strategic leader, with exceptional people management skills and have a strong passion to transform the team to achieve high performance we would love to hear from you.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff through effective feedback, mentoring and development.
- Support the individual development of skills and capabilities in line with strategic, team and personal goals.
- Identify new areas of capability improvement within the organisation which may be enhancements to skills, technology, processes or tools and implements those capability improvements using approaches and techniques that are appropriate for Curtin.
- Understand legacy process and technology debt and keeps abreast of the latest development techniques to ensure Curtin remains cutting edge, reduces legacy debt and does not accumulate additional legacy debt.
- Co-Design, build, maintain and own the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Design organisational policies, standards and techniques for user experience design, secure development, software testing and accessibility in collaboration and alignment with relevant teams.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with extensive senior level ICT experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience managing and improving the development of teams, with the ability to drive team performance consistent with current roadmaps.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, and in particular its application within an agile environment, using agile tools, techniques and methodologies, including Scrum principles.
- High level of proficiency and understanding of Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to analyse and evaluate the impact of strategic technology issues on organisational operations and initiate appropriate responses and recommendations.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to identify opportunities and implement effective change.
thriving in a nurturing, dynamic, and forward-thinking environment, where you will be engaging with cutting-edge technology. You will play a pivotal role in instigating transformative improvements and witnessing the positive outcomes of your dedication and effort.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Russell Scott - Deputy Director, Products via email on email@example.com
We are an energetic, dedicated team of academics and professionals working together to provide global solutions through quality graduates and innovative research. Curtin is a welcoming space where integrity, respect for one another, courage, excellence, and impact are essential to everyday life. Situated on Whadjuk Nyungar Country, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
We encourage a progressive and diverse workplace, offering generous superannuation and salary packaging benefits. We are committed to looking after our employees by promoting health and wellbeing, work flexibility, and personal development opportunities.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 12:30PM AWST Sunday 8 October 2023
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, any offer of employment is subject to completion of National Police Records checks, and background, integrity, and reference checks to Curtin’s satisfaction. At Curtin, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation and this position may also require you to have a current Working With Children Check. Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia to be considered.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1), quoting the reference number.
Senior Research Officer, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 4 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Business And Innovation Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:516084 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Research support, Technical/Laboratory support, Business Development Level 8, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 month...
Rna Production Facility Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:516086 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Research support, Technical/Laboratory support, Campus / facilities management Level 8, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis fo...
Senior Research Officer , Curtin University, Australia, 3 days ago
A new role for a Senior Research Officer School to work on two exciting projects at the School of Earth and Planetary Sciences. $99,040 - $106,339 per annum plus 17% superannuation 2-year Fixed Te...
Change Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 9 days ago
Job no:516087 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Working on projects in the digital transformation of services for a World Top 100 University Level 9, full-time...
Lecturer Human Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 4 days ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Psychological sciences Sociology Ethics in social sciences Researcher Profile Lea...