Job Reference: 1109789
Your new role
Curtin University is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services platform powered by AWS, revamping our approach to identity management, and designing a roadmap of ground-breaking innovations that will transform our digital experiences for our students and staff.
We are seeking an accomplishedEnterprise Architect
with experience leading technical platform architecture to meet the future needs of a large and complex organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the transformation of the digital experiences of our students and staff.
TheEnterprise Architecture team
is part of theOffice of the CIO
within theDigital & Technology Solutions
area to provide strategic direction, governance and oversight.
AsPlatform Enterprise Architect,
you will be embedded in the highly skilled Platforms team, with a focus on delivery value through the Digital Platform which largely consists of AWS Services. You will be accountable for ensuring the Digital Platform meets future needs of the Digital Roadmap along with providing maximum value to present the following requirements:
- Platform Design: Support the relevant stakeholders to translate business requirements into a cohesive and scalable solution
- System Architecture: Definition of the high-level system / application architecture to meet business needs. Assess technology options and make decisions regarding technology stack, patterns, standards etc.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical guidance and leadership to the wider teams. Ensure all development work aligns to Architecture principles and the overarching Digital Roadmap
- Planning and Roadmaps: Ensure a 12–24-month roadmap is developed for the relevant area, aligning to the over-arching Enterprise Architecture roadmap.
- Have relevant tertiary qualifications with extensive relevant experience at a senior level in the ICT field, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience, including successfully applying enterprise architecture practices in a large and dynamic enterprise.
- Fully participate and engage in the team culture, mindset and philosophies by modelling the Digital Technology and Solutions team’s and Curtin’s behaviours and values.
- Think strategically but remain pragmatic with delivery
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and proven application, of specific architectural domains, where relevant.
- Demonstrate high level interpersonal, verbal and written, business-focused communication skills and a proven ability to liaise and negotiate professionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Build strong and effective relationships with other managers and teams within IT to ensure solutions meet the University’s business requirements.
- Demonstrate high level conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to champion a commitment to continuous improvement.
In this role, you will solve complex challenges and work within a passionate team to truly make an impact on the digital transformation of our University.
This position is afull time, fixed term 2 year contract
, with the potential for extension. This role is based at our Curtin Bentley Campus in Perth, WA. Although flexible and hybrid working arrangements are available,remote work will not be considered
. You will ideally already be living in Perth or be willing to relocate if successful.
You will require working rights in Australia that meet or exceed the tenure of the role to be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact:Kelvin Lindley - Manager, Architecture
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary-packaging. Situated on Whadjuk Nyungar Country, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options including a supermarket.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Your application should include a cover letter, and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 2:30PM AWST Sunday 17 September 2023
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, and undergo character, integrity, and reference checks.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Database Administrator, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 20 days ago
Job no:515875 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Level 7 - 8, full-time appointment on an ongoing basis Base salary range: Level 7 $95,737 – $106,223 p.a. (pro-...
Change Manager, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:516087 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology Working on projects in the digital transformation of services for a World Top 100 University Level 9, full-time...
Senior Research Officer, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, about 11 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Business Systems Analyst / Senior Business Systems Analyst, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:516013 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Information Technology Friendly and supportive team environment 2 positions available 1 Level 6 - 8, full-time appointment on a fixe...
Lecturer, Accounting And Finance, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 10 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Graduate Research Assistant, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, about 1 month ago
2 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researc...