Job no: 0048420
Role type: Full time/Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics
Department/School: Academic Services
Salary: UOM 8 – $115,137 – $124,622 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About - Faculty of Business and Economics
Since 1924, the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Melbourne has been preparing students for challenging and fulfilling careers in various industries. Our reputation for excellence in teaching and research is well-known both locally and internationally. The faculty comprises six departments, including Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing, as well as the esteemed Melbourne Business School. Over the years, the faculty has produced more than 53,000 graduates, many of whom have gone on to hold senior positions in academia, government, and business both in Australia and around the world.
About the Role
The Partnerships Manager reports to the Employability Manager and is responsible for developing and expanding industry partnerships for Faculty of Business and Economics employability programs. They lead the partnerships team to articulate a clear value proposition for industry, maintain current relationships, facilitate unique partnerships, and meet key targets. The Partnerships Manager is vital in enhancing the employability offerings for students and aligning with the faculty's mission, values, and the university's strategic focus on community relationships and experiential learning.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive industry, community and government engagement strategy, focusing on tiers of partnership opportunities to build valuable employability outcomes and experiences, and establishment and realisation of targets. The strategy spans support of Employability and Student Belonging programs, bespoke programs and generating leads for and working in alignment with the wider Faculty.
- In alignment with the broader agenda, develop, implement, and maintain a local strategy and pipeline for increasing the number of internships, graduate places and student consulting opportunities.
- Manage a small team of partnership professionals and support them in implementing a partnership lifecycle from end to end by setting broad direction, mentoring, coaching and supporting professional development opportunities.
As our Partnerships Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the employability outcomes of our students while shaping the future of our industry partnerships. You will work with a talented team to develop unique partnerships and articulate clear value propositions for industry, all while aligning with our values of sustainable commerce and ethical practice. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to take on a leadership role, expand their skills in partnership development, and make a real difference in the lives of students.
In order to be successful in this role, you must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate strong initiative and adaptability in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You should have a deep understanding of project management practices and be able to balance high-level conceptual planning with hands-on tasks that require precision, accuracy, and attention to detail.
You will also have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of new business partnerships and external relationship management strategies, and the ability to identify beneficial commercial opportunities across a broad, matrix environment.
- Well-rounded leadership skills with the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders to influence internal and external stakeholders and strategic outcomes.
- A strong domestic business network and the ability to construct and articulate key sector and competitive insights, to build business intelligence and identify and realise beneficial commercial partnership opportunities.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits .
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .Position Description
Associate Professor / Professor, Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Health, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 5 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Lecturer In Medicine And Surgery, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, about 11 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE Research Field Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia ...
Chair Of Psychiatry St. Vincent's Health, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 11 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE Research Field Psychological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Aus...
Lecturer In Development Studies, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 11 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE Research Field Economics Political sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Application De...
Lecturer, Indigenous Law And Justice Hub (Indigenous Australian Applicants Only), UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 5 days ago
25 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE Research Field Juridical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austral...
Associate Professor In English And Theatre Studies, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, about 1 month ago
2 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE Research Field Language sciences Literature Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...