Job no: 0025497
Location: Melbourne or Sydney (Occasional interstate travel may be required).
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for up to 12 months
Salary: UOM 5 – $76,886 – $88,312 p.a. plus 17% super (pro rata for part – time)
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
Asialink is Australia's premier body promoting Australia-Asia engagement. Asialink works through increasing Asia capabilities and creating connections between Australia and Asia, and is active in education, business, the arts, health, and dialogues. Asialink is a partnership between the University of Melbourne and the Myer Foundation. Asialink operates under a mandate from the Federal Government and as part of the University of Melbourne.
About the Role
As the Partnerships & Events Coordinator, you will be a key member of the Advocacy & Program Management team to ensure the curation and delivery of activities including high-quality face-to-face, hybrid and online events for Asialink Business, supporting the work of the organisation. Your role is responsible for the operational and administrative management and overseeing the curation and delivery of these events and programs. Asia capability combined with strong event and project management, time management, written and verbal communication, and relationship building skills are pivotal to the successful delivery of these activities and enhancing Asialink Business’ reputation.
- Curating, planning and coordinating the delivery for a range of strategic programs and events. This could include international conferences and meetings, public lectures, private roundtables, special visitor programs and seminars in numerous delivery modes including face-to-face, hybrid and online environments.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders to support the delivery of Advocacy and Program Management projects, including sponsors, government, business, the diplomatic core & Board members
- Draft and coordinate event publicity and promotions, including advertising, online marketing and post-event social media / newsletter content.
- Set up evaluation methodology and undertake reporting to provide recommendations on event strategy & protocol
To be successful in this role, you will be an extremely motivated team player who can provide trust and support to surrounding peers and staff when creating relationships. Your excellent organisational skills will allow you to complete tasks to meet deadlines at high level of independence and initiative.
You will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field or equivalent combination of relevant experience/education/training
- Event curation and event/project management skills and experience in delivering conferences, special visitor programs, seminars, private roundtables and public lectures in face-to- face, hybrid and online environments
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of digital technologies to support the delivery of online (virtual) and onsite face-to-face events.
- Excellent computer skills, including the proficient operation of standard office IT systems and applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email; proficient use of internet and web for research purposes and CRM database application
- Developed understanding of protocol requirements in the Australian and Asian contexts, within private and government settings
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits .
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .Position Description
Tutor, Faculty Of Architecture, Building And Planning, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 2 days ago
Location: Parkville Role type: Casual Sessional Faculty: Architecture, Building and Planning Salary: Initial Tutorial $159 per hour; Repeat Tutorial $106 per hour; Marking & Other Academic Activit...
Lecturer In Nursing, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 2 days ago
Location: Parkville Role type: Full time; Fixed Term for 12 months Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences Department/School: Department of Nursing Salary: Level B - $110,236 -...
Discovery Subject Tutor, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 21 days ago
(Multiple Positions) Location: Parkville Role type: Full time & Part time; Fixed-term (18 weeks & 12 months contracts available) Faculty: Faculty of Business and Economics Salary: Level A – $77,17...
Lecturer In Art History And Curatorship, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 20 days ago
Location: Parkville Role type: Full-time; Fixed-term for 3 years Faculty: Faculty of Arts Department/School: School of Culture and Communication Salary: Level B - $110,236 - $130,900 p.a. plus 17...
Professor / Associate Professor Of Dermatology Research Rmh, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 27 days ago
Job no: 0057420 Location: Parkville/Hospital Based Salary: Professor / Associate Professor Level E $209,428 p.a (Pro Rata for part time) Level D $162,113 - $178,754 pa (pro rata for part-time) Plu...
Lecturer In Animal Science, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE, Australia, 21 days ago
Location: Parkville Role type: Full time; Continuing Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Department/School: School of Agriculture and Food Salary: Level B – $110,236 - $130,90...