- $122,934 to $128,562 pa (HEW 9)
- Ongoing, Full-time, Mount Lawley and Joondalup campuses
- Open to candidates with relevant work rights
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
$122,934 to $128,562 pa (HEW 9)
ONGOING, FULL-TIME, MOUNT LAWLEY AND JOONDALUP CAMPUSES
- Strategic leadership role operating as a member of the School’s Leadership Team
- Lead continuous improvement and efficiency of operational processes to support one of Australia’s largest Initial Teacher Education academic programs
- Manage a flexible, customer focused and committed Professional Support team
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and inspirational senior leader to bring their business acumen capability to one of Australia’s largest providers of Initial teacher Education. Reporting to the Executive Dean and operating as part of the School’s Leadership Team, the Operations Manager oversees the School’s resources, strategic and operational planning activities, governance compliance and delivery of process improvement projects. The position is responsible for:
- Leading and delivering all aspects of the School’s strategic and operational priorities
- Managing the School’s resources, strategic and operational planning activities, and governance compliance to facilitate business effectiveness and efficiency, and ensure a high standard of service is maintained for the School’s academic programs and students
- Managing tenders, contracts and partnership agreements, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines and deliver on business opportunities for the School
- Leading the continuous improvement of procedures, processes, and work practices including ensuring the School’s compliance with WHS legislation and other regulatory bodies relevant for Teacher Education
- Leading and motivating a flexible and responsive team of Professional staff working across a broad range of academic support functions
- Providing high-level strategic advice to the Executive Dean and the School’s Leadership Team in support of School objectives relating to operational sustainability, alignment with the University’s strategic plan, policies and processes as well as best practice trends in the education sector
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a large, multi-campus institution serving communities nationally and internationally. The University has two metropolitan campuses at Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and also serves Western Australia’s South-West Region from a campus at Bunbury, 200 km south of Perth.
The School of Education is one of the largest providers of Initial Teacher Education in Australia with more than 5,000 students. The School offers a broad range of programs including Early Childhood Studies, Primary, Secondary and Postgraduate Education.
To succeed in the role, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate success in the following:
- A senior management role within a large, complex and/or diverse organisation, successfully managing a range of corporate functions and the use of sound commercial/business acumen principles in all areas of responsibility, including human, financial, contractual and procurement, physical/assets, and information resources
- Knowledge of or experience within the Higher Education sector
- A proven record of initiating and leading successful projects focussed on the development, implementation, and management of initiatives in a large, complex work environment to ensure that key priorities are met
- The ability to professionally influence the decisions, actions and perceptions of others to achieve at times challenging outcomes for others
- Developing and fostering a highly productive team environment in which people work together to achieve a common goal that capitalises on diverse working styles, skills and knowledge for the benefit of the team and organisation
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to innovate and effectively implement solutions on time
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to accomplish joint tasks and common objectives. Involves building positive working relationships with others and avoiding “win-lose” confrontations with a focus on preserving and strengthening the ongoing relationship. Shows respect for others' views and opinions by listening to and discussing these opinions even if they differ from one’s own.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry, Courage, and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of $122,934 to $128,562 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program, and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website .
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Professor Caroline Mansfield, Executive Dean at for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 6304 5106.
How To Apply
Please upload your resume along with a covering letter addressing how your relevant experience demonstrates your relevant experience and transferability to this role.
Applications close on Monday 2 October 2023 at 9:00am AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WITH RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Description Opens in new window
Lecturer, Education Focus, EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 16 days ago
17 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austra...
Lecturer Human Sciences, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Psychological sciences Sociology Ethics in social sciences Researcher Profile Lea...
Various Academic Levels Taxation, Curtin University, Australia, 4 days ago
Job Reference: 1131800 Curtin Law School/Faculty of Business and Law Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university. Our vision is that by working in partnership, we will make a difference for p...
Gis Specialist, Curtin University, Australia, 10 days ago
Job Reference: 1146702 Properties, Facilities & Development Properties, Facilities & Development (PF&D) plays an important role in ensuring Curtin’s physical presence enables ongoing transformatio...
Wellbeing Adviser (College Row), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 21 days ago
Job no:515717 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Student Administration / Support Services Student Life Level 6, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 12 months Base salary ...
Business Manager Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre, Curtin University, Australia, 6 days ago
Reference Number: 1146705 (Maternity Leave Cover, Position Commencing Tuesday 5th of March 2024) BUSINESS MANAGER – Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre (SBEnrc) Australia’s Sust...