17 May 2023
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
11 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Nexus Fellow- School of Health Sciences
- Employment Type: Full Time 35 hours per week
- Duration: 3 years Fixed Term
- Remuneration: Academic Level C ($136, 859 onwards)
- Location: UNSW Campus, Kensington
About UNSW & Nexus Program:
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged, and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
At UNSW, new educational initiatives are constantly being developed in the PVCESE for implementation in the Faculties and Schools, while many innovations introduced by individual academics, Schools and Faculties have potential for institution-wide application.
The Nexus Program will provide a critical missing link between organisational units at UNSW, connecting faculties to each other and to the PVCESE to develop and implement coordinated solutions to challenges in education and student experience.
Why Your Role Matters:
Nexus Fellows are academic staff dedicated to educational excellence and the student experience at UNSW. Those who are appointed to this prestigious role will be expected to lead and influence colleagues to successfully drive educational excellence and adoption of enhanced educational practices at the University through collaboration with the Pro Vice Chancellor Education & Student Experience portfolio.
This role will focus on playing a central role in supporting the School of Health Sciences. The School is embarking on a very ambitious mission: “to contribute to the betterment of Society and the lives of individuals’ lives through excellence in teaching, research and direct engagement in health care practices”.
To support this mission, the School is rapidly expanding to service education agenda based on four ground-breaking health professional education programs. These programs will see the scope of the teaching effort broaden significantly and shape the future Health workforce in Australia and beyond.
The Nexus Fellow will report to the Head of School with a dotted line to the Faculty Deputy/Associate Dean Education.
- Contribute to colleagues’ professional development in pedagogy, educational technology, emerging teaching practices and scholarly approaches to teaching through Faculty and UNSW programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrate leadership and positively influence educational culture and community in the School and Faculty
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement new institution-wide initiatives that seek to improve learning and teaching.
- Collaborate with other Education Focused Fellows – Nexus Program in the Faculty to lead the development of local solutions to current educational challenges.
- Contribute to the operation of the UNSW Education Co-op by providing advice and guidance to colleagues from across the University (approximately one day per month).
- Convene up to one course per year, conduct classes, assess student learning achievements, and support students in postgraduate and undergraduate courses in line with UNSW policy.
- In consultation with the Head of School, provide expert advice across but not limited to: (a)Curriculum design in interprofessional learning. (b)Mapping of programmatic assessment. (c)Enhancement of competency-based assessment (d)Design and development of research teaching including implementation of research project plans for health students.
You will have:
- A PhD in a health-related discipline, and/or significant work experience in education, including student assessment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated skill in competency-based education and assessment.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills, including the ability to influence others and drive change.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design, development, and delivery at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience using and/or designing with educational technologies and online delivery methods.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence (e.g., relevant discipline- based curriculum design and development at a variety of levels and scales)
- Desirable: formal publication/scholarship of learning and teaching.
- Experience (not limited to) in the following:
- Curriculum design in interprofessional learning.
- Mapping of programmatic assessment
- Enhancement of competency-based assessment
- Design and development of research teaching including implementation of research project plans for health students.
To learn more about this position, and view the comprehensive skills and criteria list, a copy of the Position Description can be found by clicking on the position description button beneath our ad on JOBS@UNSW.
Benefits and Culture:
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Working Options (work from home, flexible hours etc)
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW.
Upload your CV and include a 1–2-page cover letter addressing the selection criteria as shown in the position description.
Applications close: 11th June 2023, Sunday at 11.30pm (Sydney Time)
Get in Touch:
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Please apply through the application portal and not via the contact above.
For further information about the Nexus Program, please visit our website: https://www.unsw.edu.au/recruitment/nexus
General questions related to the HR process and the Nexus Program can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be successful you will hold Australian Working Rights or Australian Citizenship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
- Number of offers available
- UNSW Sydney
- Postal Code
Where to apply
Workshop Assistant, University of New South Wales, Australia, 4 days ago
Apply now Job no:518949 Work type:casual Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Administration, Student Services One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities Vibrant campus life with a str...
Minor Works Project Manager Estate Management, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:519793 Work type:full time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Estate / Facilities Management, Project Management Employment Type: Continuing, Full Time Remuneration: $106k- 115k + 17...
Head Of Project Delivery, University of New South Wales, Australia, 3 days ago
Apply now Job no:519874 Work type:full time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Information Technology, Professional Leadership Full time, continuing role as Head of Project Delivery, within UNSW IT S...
Governance & Compliance Officer, University of New South Wales, Australia, 6 days ago
Apply now Job no:519186 Work type:full time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Information Technology Full time continuing role in UNSW IT Develop, lead and manage governance and compliance systems a...
External Engagement Coordinator, University of New South Wales, Australia, 20 days ago
Apply now Job no:518252 Work type:part time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Marketing / Communications Employment Type: Part Time 21 Hours per week Duration: Continuing Remuneration: Level 6 $96,9...
Senior Manager, Entrepreneurship – Startups, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
Apply now Job no:519349 Work type:full time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Entrepreneurship, Management Why your role matters Inspire the next generation of Australia’s startup founders – this is...