Job Reference: 1052180
Digital & Technology Solutions
Curtin is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services data centre powered by Amazon Web Services, revamping our approach to identity management, and designing a roadmap of ground-breaking innovations that will transform our digital experiences for our students and staff.
If you enjoy technology, transformation, continual innovation and change then the Digital & Technology Solutions team at Curtin is for you!
Your new role
We have an opportunity for a Network Engineer to our specialist IT operations team. You are responsible for ensuring that the University’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) networks and related services meet the University community’s expectations.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure high availability and performance of centrally managed ICT services by diagnosing complex problems, tuning to improve performance, maintaining, and supporting the underlying University-wide ICT network infrastructure, including liaison with ICT hardware and software vendors where advanced diagnosis is required.
- Plan and implement service continuity measures to ensure that business goals can be achieved even if a severe fault or serious incident occurs.
- Plan ongoing capacity improvements to network connections to ensure that the technological infrastructure continues to provide the services required by the University.
- Protect the integrity of the ICT infrastructure, networks, and services by managing access, monitoring global ICT security news and technological developments, and acting on these using vendor advice and current technical knowledge.
- Define and comprehensively document technology implementation standards, protocols and processes related to implemented technologies.
- Completion of a relevant degree with considerable relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in managing and maintaining Cisco IOS-based LAN/WAN/Voice/WLAN Network Infrastructure and Network Services, including services such as DNS, DHCP and Firewall devices.
- Demonstrated experience supporting a large-scale production network environment.
Candidates with demonstrated knowledge and competence in Cloud Technologies, managing and maintaining Cisco DNA Centre and strong wi-fi knowledge would be highly advantageous to this role.
If you have a certification (or progress toward certification) in a relevant area such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) and/or other specialist qualification (security, voice, wireless etc), we would love to hear from you!
Flexibility of working hours is required when necessary.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia to be considered.Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Shamila Ratnayake, Network Infrastructure Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements (including parental leave), flexible working arrangements, generous superannuation, and salary-packaging. Our vibrant campus also includes an art gallery, gym, childcare, medical centre, and endless food options.
For more information on our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Your application should include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter, providing an overview of your experience in line with the requirements of this role
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close:Monday, 24th April 2023 – 9pm AWST
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1).
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
It Business Analyst, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 19 days ago
$106,877 to $120,376 pa (HEW 8) Fixed term (12 months), Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights IT BUSINESS ANALYST DIGITAL AND CAMPUS SERVICES JOONDALUP CAMPUS HE...
High Performance Computer (Hpc) Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:514187 Work type:full time Location:Crawley Categories:Information Technology University IT To support researchers and students with key research computing infrastructure to meet their need...
Production Coordinator, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$75,821 to $84,254 pa (HEW5) Ongoing, Full-time, Mount Lawley Campus Open to candidates with the relevant work rights Production Coordinator Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts WAAPA Pro...
Software Engineer, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
Job no:514561 Work type:full time Location:Perth CBD Categories:Information Technology University IT A great opportunity for a capable software developer with a strong focus on web applications an...
Associate Professor Innovation, Entrepreneurship And/Or Strategy, CURTIN UNIVERSITY, Australia, 17 days ago
17 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CURTIN UNIVERSITY Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Ap...
Lecturer Complex Systems, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 8 days ago
26 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Mathematics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Austra...