Apply now »
Date: 30 Aug 2023
Job Location: Rockhampton, QLD, AU
Company: Central Queensland University
About this Opportunity
- Continuing, Full Time
- Digital Services Directorate
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Higher Education Worker Level 7
- Total Remuneration $109,437 to $119,687 pa (including salary of $92,476 to $101,138 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
The Digital Services Directorate delivers future-focused digital solutions, infrastructure and services that aim to improve experiences for our staff, researchers, students and prospective students at CQUniversity. As a Network Engineer you will work as part of a team that oversee the planning, development, provisioning, and support of CQUniversity's Information Communication & Technology (ICT) infrastructure. Your responsibility will be to uphold the University's communication and security technologies, guaranteeing the reliability, efficiency, and accessibility of the current communication and security systems. This entails strategizing and executing beneficial enhancements and addressing unforeseen urgent issues.
In this role, you will assume responsibility for Level 2 and 3 ICT problems (according to the Digital Services Division Definitions), working autonomously or collaboratively whilst meeting established service deadlines by analysing and diagnosing intricate application and infrastructure environments. Your technical expertise is essential for delivering designated ICT services effectively, stay updated with industry trends, and build strong communication channels and relationships integral to your role.
We are seeking a passionate professional to take on the role of Network Engineer and play a vital role in shaping the future of technology-driven education. This is your chance to lead, innovate, and collaborate in a dynamic environment and contribute to the success of CQUniversity's ICT infrastructure.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Generous paid carers, maternity and paternity leave
- 17% superannuation (with the choice of joining an award-winning superfund)
- Flexible work / life balance
- Fantastic staff professional / career development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- A degree with at least four years subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Knowledge of latest trends and innovations in your technical area.
- Using high-level problem solving and critical thinking skills to analyse and design a broad range of complex technological solutions that meet business needs.
- Using excellent oral and written communication skills with a variety of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for all affected parties.
- Extensive experience in using the following technologies: Routing/Switching (Aruba or Cisco preferred), Wireless Networks and supporting client endpoints, Unified Communications and Firewalls and VPN.
- Demonstrated network security awareness and application within network systems.
- Achieving critical deadlines and working effectively under pressure both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience working on small to medium projects, for timely and successful outcomes.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday, 17 September 2023
Job Requisition ID: 3715
When submitting your application, please include: Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position. Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.
Apply now »
It Staff, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, 11 days ago
ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including researchers, PhD students and staff personn...
Senior Network Analyst/Technician, Emory University, United States, 21 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Research Associate (Postdoc) In Antenna Design And Prototyping Using Additive Manufacturing, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 22 hours ago
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through...
Network Coordinator For The Leiden Research Support Network, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Apply now Vacancy ‘Network Coordinator for the Leiden Research Support Network’ Do you know what is needed to build a community and engage its members and are you great at organizing events? Withi...
Senior Network Engineer, Information Technology [R0137246], University of Nevada Las Vegas, United States, 1 day ago
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Senior Network Engineer, Information Technology [R0137246]. ROLE of the POSITION Primary responsibilities include administration of ent...
Assistant Professor Energy Efficient Communication Networks, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 8 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Twente (UT) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Established Researcher (R3) Country Netherlands Appl...