Campus Location:Brisbane, North Sydney, Melbourne
Functional Unit:Counselling and Disability Service
Work Type:Continuing full time
National Manager, Counselling
Counselling and Disability Service/Office of Student Success
• Provide strategic leadership in the planning, coordination, and delivery of a range of student support services
• Full time, ongoing position
• Position can be based at our Brisbane, Melbourne or North Sydney campuses
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Blacktown, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Counselling Service sits within the Student Success Directorate and is an integrated unit composed of professional staff who provide a free and confidential service to support students during their time at ACU.
The National Manager, Counselling provides strategic leadership in the planning, coordination, and delivery of a range of student support services provided by the Counselling Service across the University. This includes the development and implementation of operational plans and the review of policies, procedures, and practices to deliver excellent student support services and achieve the University's key strategic outcomes specified within the ACU Strategic Plan.
Leading a team of Counsellors that directly support student wellbeing the National Manager, Counselling provides the necessary clinical supervision to the Counsellors and works collaboratively with the Student Success Directorate, Faculties, Schools, and units within the University.
More specifically the role entails:
• Managing the provision and review of integrated strategies, programs, and activities that support/enhance student wellbeing, including the delivery of counselling, psychoeducational programs, and educational adjustments.
• Developing, implementing and reviewing University-wide policies and procedures to ensure compliance and enable continuous improvement in student wellbeing, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Providing leadership to staff within the Counselling Service, to foster a collaborative working culture and to ensure quality services are delivered consistently by all staff across all campuses.
• Monitoring and maintaining current knowledge on matters relevant to the service on a national and international level, in the higher education sector, government (state and federal) and the community generally.
You will need to have:
• A relevant postgraduate qualification with extensive relevant experience in the Counselling Services area including significant management experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Registration as a psychologist and/or registration with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and a proven track record of ethical practice standards as required by the professional standards for Australia. Social Workers must supply a copy of their full copy of AASW membership with their application.
• Clinical experience working with university students with a range of mental health presentations and an awareness of evidence-based practice guidelines for this population is preferred.
• Comprehensive and in-depth current knowledge of the issues, debates and recent developments in the clinical counselling assessment and treatment particularly around primary prevention and education on issues of mental health and wellbeing within a higher education setting.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description 10610279 National Manager, Counselling_revised Jun 2021.pdf . Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role, click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $134,527- $143,648 pa, including salary component $114,981 – $122,776 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 9), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be made to Jane Caton, Director, Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: 14 June 2021
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Advertised:01 Jun 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:14 Jun 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Gambling Financial Counsellor, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Opportunity to utilise your financial counselling skills Located at Campbelltown with some outreach in South Western Sydney, at the School of Psychology Part-time (0.8 FTE) HEO 6, fixed term 12 mo...
Program Manager, Student Experience, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
Apply now Job no:502375 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Student Services Program Manager, Student Experience Faculty of Arts, Design & Architecture Fixed term till 31st Dec 202...
Senior Lecturer Ag Health Australia, University of Sydney, Australia, about 20 hours ago
Outstanding leadership opportunity to oversee the operations of AgHealth Australia in NSW Located in Dubbo or Orange within the School of Rural Health, part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health, ...
Academic Director Student Life, University of Sydney, Australia, 25 days ago
Exciting Secondment opportunity to join the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) Portfolio Become a valued member of the Student Life leadership team Part-time (0.6 FTE) fixed-term position for 12 m...
Casual Academic – Clinical Facilitator, Nursing And Midwifery, University of Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
About the Opportunity Position Description A casual (periodic) academic employee required to provide clinical facilitation of pre-registration nursing students within health care settings. Respons...
Ref 3317/21, Clinical Placement Officer, Wsu Online, School Of Nursing And Midwifery, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration Package: $98,696 to $105,828 p.a. Full-Time, Fixed-Term Position until 2 May 2022 Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only...