- Open to Australian Aboriginal Peoples and UniSA employees only
- Part-time (0.3FTE), fixed term contract until 30 June 2023 based in the Future Industries Institute at Mawson Lakes campus
- Commencement Salary Range $92,941 pro rata per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
This position will contribute to the consultancy and research activities of the Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF) South Australia (SA) node through the provision of specialised microfabrication services related to high-end microfluidic, electrical, and optical chips, and specialty surfaces for internal and external clients on a project basis.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
UniSA STEM links engineering, mathematics, science, defence and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, construction and project management, harnessing the connections across disciplines to bring big ideas to fruition. Our researchers are solution focused and collaborative to deliver technical expertise and advice to industry, government and community groups to make commercially viable and sustainable impacts. We integrate research into our teaching, with students working alongside researchers in first-class facilities, what’s discovered one day is taught the next. Our graduates are entrepreneurs and trailblazers, who design and build the world they want to live in. UniSA STEM also incorporates leading edge research organisations; the Future Industries Institute, the Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments and the Centre for Industrial Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The Future Industries Institute brings together world-class strength in high-tech manufacturing, nanomedicine, minerals and resource engineering plus environmental science, with the end goal of building economic growth through innovative partnerships and translational research. The Institute builds on the significant capability, infrastructure and reputation of the University’s existing research strengths and substantial research infrastructure and supports state and national research priorities.
- Provide highly specialised technical expertise to students, academics and industry for ANFF-SA’s consultancy and research projects
- Develop, prepare and participate in consulting/research proposals and reports for the ANFF-SA under the supervision of the ANFF-SA Node Director or delegate
- Provide a high level of operational, scientific and technical support to scientists accessing equipment within the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Scheme (NCRIS) at ANFF-SA
- Train and supervise students, staff and other appropriate personnel in the operation of relevant instrumentation, characterisation of manufactured components and devices and clean room procedures
- Maintain and operate a range of advanced micro/nanofabrication and testing equipment including, but not limited to: tomography and other QA equipment used for lithography, etching, and coating. This will include operating them to the full extent of equipment capability and to allow research at the cutting edge of technology. Appropriate training shall be provided, as required
Essential Skills and Experience
- A tertiary degree, or equivalent professional accreditation and standing, in engineering, chemistry, physics, materials science or a closely related discipline, with considerable subsequent relevant experience
- Highly developed and demonstrated technical and practical expertise with advanced, and hands-on experience, in one or more areas of micro- or nano-scale fabrication
- Practical experience with characterizing components and assemblies made using Lithography, deposition, etching, bonding and moulding techniques
- Ability to design advanced analytical procedures and techniques to characterise complex components and devices for researchers and industry
- Proven experience in solving complex problems for external clients and working on outcome-oriented research projects, or in close collaboration with industry, with the ability to discover new markets and attract new clients
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 5057.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday 10 April 2023
To be eligible to apply for internal positions, you must either identify as an Australian Aboriginal Person, or be a current UniSA continuing, fixed-term or casual staff member at the time the position is advertised and have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research Associate (Aras), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 12 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher ...
Lecturer In Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 12 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Online Lecturer In Journalism, Communications And Digital Media (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 18 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Lecturer In Exercise Science And Clinical Exercise Physiology, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 3 days ago
16 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Sociology Ethics in health sciences Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stag...
Bae Chair Professor In Radio Frequency Systems, UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE, Australia, 12 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia Applic...
Research Associate In Chemistry / Materials Science, FLINDERS UNIVERSITY, Australia, 10 days ago
9 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company FLINDERS UNIVERSITY Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application...