- Based in the Future Industries Institute at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, fixed term contract until 31 June 2023
- Commencement Salary: $71,205 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Micromachining Technologist is responsible for training, designing, and fabricating in the broad field of high-end microdevices, fixtures and specialty surfaces for internal and external stakeholders on Australian National Fabrication Facility SA (ANFF-SA) node research and consultancy projects under the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure (NCRIS) Scheme.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
The Future Industries Institute’s (FII) mission is to transform the industries of today and seed the industries of tomorrow. The Australian National Fabrication Facility SA (ANFF-SA) node is co-located at the Future Industries Institute and Flinders University, and brings together expertise in surface modification, characterisation, nanotechnology, and advanced materials. The node is focused on the design and fabrication of micro and nano-engineered structures, including microfluidic devices, in both polymer and glass substrates.
- Design and fabricate components and devices using computer software for experiments
- Provide technical support and information on facilities and capabilities to users accessing equipment
- Train and oversee students, staff and other approved users in the operation of relevant instrumentation
- Provide support on projects to ensure they are successfully delivered on time
- Provide technical information to support the preparation of capital equipment acquisition grants and reports to the ANFF, South Australian Government, and other funding bodies as required
Essential Skills and Experience
- Diploma of Engineering or closely related discipline and at least 2 years subsequent work experience or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience in operating one or more areas of machining, engineering, and maintenance, including the ability to develop expertise in small scale devices
- Practical experience in manual machining, CAD/CAM and CNC Programming /operating techniques
- Ability to read engineering drawings and design 2D and 3D components and devices using computer software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor or similar and fabrication techniques for consultancy projects
- Demonstrated experience of best practice WHS principles and procedures, including developing risk assessments and maintenance control measures
- High-level organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, work to tight deadlines, use initiative, and anticipate future requirements
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Eleanor Onorato, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3229.
Applications close: 11:30pm Tuesday 31 August 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Click here to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Executive Dean: Uni Sa Clinical And Health Sciences , University of South Australia ;, Australia, 28 days ago
Executive Dean: UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences Executive leadership role, 5 year fixed term appointment Drive UniSA’s enterprising vision in Clinical & Health research & teaching Based in Adel...
Casual Academic Opportunities Within The School Of Education, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 17 hours ago
The University of Adelaide’s School of Education is seeking expressions of interest for casual academic vacancies. Casual academics are needed to teach in undergraduate and postgraduate education ...
Photoemission Electron Microscopy Facility Manager, Flinders University, Australia, about 18 hours ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Financial Management Accountant, Satac, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 18 hours ago
Job no:506220 Work type:Continuing - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Finance and Accounting, HEO8 (HEO8) $100,261 to $112,481 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% superannuati...
Casual Assessment And Enquiries Officers, Satac, University of Adelaide, Australia, 8 days ago
Job no:506226 Work type:Casual Campus:Adelaide Categories:Administration, Student Services and Learning support The South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC) seek expressions of interest...
Coordinator, Undergraduate, University of Adelaide, Australia, 8 days ago
Job no:506168 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Student Services and Learning support, HEO7 (HEO7) $89,399 to $99,987 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17%...