- Based in UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences at the City East campus
- Part-time (0.6FTE), fixed term contract until 30 June 2027
- Salary: $104,838 - $123,878 (pro rata) per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We are seeking a Medical Writer to be a key member of the Module Development Unit for the Veterans' Medicines Advice and Therapeutics Education Services (Veterans' MATES) Program. The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of the development process for materials, from assisting with planning through to training of project and call centre staff and publishing of materials.
About UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences
At UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences we are addressing society’s most critical and emerging health needs through quality teaching, learning and research excellence. One of seven Academic Units, UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences offers a wide range of degrees and conducts world-class research in the fields of nursing, midwifery, pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, medical sciences, laboratory medicine, and food and nutrition science with a strong focus on creating positive health outcomes for communities.
Home to the University of South Australia Quality Use of Medicines and Pharmacy Research Centre and with key research concentrations in the areas of mental health and suicide prevention, nursing and midwifery workforce development, drug discovery, pharmaceutical innovation, health and disease biology, and food nutrition and health, we continue to meet community health needs and contribute to a healthier society.
Established by the Australian Government Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), the Veterans MATES program has improved the health of veterans by providing up to date health and medicines information specifically tailored for veterans and their general practitioners. The activities of the Veterans’ MATES program are underpinned by the guiding principles of Australia’s National Strategy for Quality Use of Medicines. Utilising DVA’s health claims data, Veterans’ MATES provides direct patient-based feedback to general practitioners. This is supported with educational materials developed by a clinical panel, which are peer reviewed and overseen by a national representative editorial committee. Pharmacists and veterans also receive supporting educational material. The program is funded by DVA.
- With the support of a Clinical Writing Group, develop Therapeutic Briefs for health professionals
- Undertake critical appraisal of the medical literature, reviewing articles and current practice guidelines
- Assist the Development Coordinator in the development of other module materials such as Brochure for veterans, cover letters and questionnaires
- Develop supporting question and answer documents for general medical practitioners and veterans
- Liaise with external reviewers of the materials
- Assist with the annual project planning with respect to environmental scans and literature reviews that can inform future module topics
- Contribute to the development of high-quality manuscripts of project findings for publication and conferences
- Assist in the development of future Veterans’ MATES project submissions and tenders
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD in a relevant discipline, and experience or understanding of therapeutics*
- Demonstrated critical appraisal skills
- Professional and technical writing skills and experience with evidence of publications, reports and/or conference presentations
- Experience and knowledge of clinical practice
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders as a member of a research, project or clinical team
*Candidates without a doctoral qualification may also be considered for appointment subject to Vice Chancellor approval
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Kiara Lalli, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 5212.
Applications close: 11.30pm Monday, 29 May 2023
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) being obtained and maintained.
CLICK HERE to access a copy of the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Lecturer In Engineering (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia...
Online Lecturer In Journalism, Communications And Digital Media (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 23 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Countr...
Research Associate (Aras), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 17 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher ...
Associate Professor / Professor Of Contemporary Art (Academic Level D/E), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Arts Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Researcher (R4) First Stage Researcher (R1)...
Lecturer In Financial Planning (Teaching Academic Level B), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Australia ...
Lecturer, Digital Media (Web Design) (Level A), UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA, Australia, 1 day ago
23 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA Research Field Communication sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...