Work type:full time
- Join a high performing team of marketing professionals to enhance the reputation of UWA and drive student enrolment
- Level 6, full-time appointment on an ongoing basis
- Base salary range: Level 6 $87,460 – $92,430 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Brand, Marketing and Recruitment (BMR) division exists for the purpose of showcasing the best of UWA, ultimately enhancing reputation and driving student recruitment. The division consolidates all marketing, communications and future student related activity into one team, enabling efficiency and effectiveness gains for the University.
Functions delivered by the BMR division include organisational wide brand strategy and management, strategic marketing planning, communications activities (advertising, marketing, content, media, public relations); digital communication, reputation management, recruitment planning, business development, schools engagement, contact centre operations and admissions services. The range of functions delivered are all targeted at managing the University’s reputation and achieving its revenue goals.
The Brand and Marketing team within BMR provides strategic brand direction and ongoing brand management for the University. The brand and marketing team works across all global markets to help build the brand position and to attract business partners and students to UWA. The Brand and Marketing team consults with; and across all areas of the University to implement marketing plans and associated activities.
About the opportunity
The Marketing Officer supports the delivery of an integrated marketing, communications and events for the University. Under limited direction from the Marketing Manager (Schools) this role will provide expertise to support and advise on all College of Schools facing marketing communications and events. The role will implement operational communications activities internally and externally, and contribute expertise to research, and write and edit original material for a range of channels.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency.
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, databases, website and email and relevant marketing programs.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Substantial relevant marketing and administrative experience including events organisation, website maintenance and office procedures.
Note the below are requirements of this position:
- Occasional weekend work
- Some after-hours work may be required
- Able to fit the physical requirements of the position
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Marketing Officer 515789.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria .
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 22 November 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Adam Lim on 0422 408 896 or at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:08 Nov 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:22 Nov 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Research Associate (Astrophotonics), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 10 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Countr...
Workshop Technical Assistant / Instructor, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 20 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Communications & Marketing Coordinator, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Reference: 1184139CURTIN FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND LAW Over 13,000 students from more than 140 countries are studying undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Curtin Business School and Curtin ...
Strategic Program Manager, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 1 day ago
$127,851 to $145,590 pa Ongoing, Full time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights OFFICE OF VICE-PRESIDENT (CORPORATE SERVICES) UNIVERSITY PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE JOONDAL...
Marketing Automation And Conversion Consultant, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Reference: 1173051 Your new role Do you have a passion for marketing automation and experience in crafting effective conversion programs that deliver results? We're seeking a skilled Marketing...
Gallery Education Program Coordinator, Curtin University, Australia, 1 day ago
Job Reference: 1176903 John Curtin Gallery The John Curtin Gallery is one of Western Australia's major public art galleries and one of the largest and best-equipped university galleries in the cou...