Work type:full time
Brand, Marketing and Recruitment
- Be part of a newly formed brand and marketing team, within UWA’s brand, marketing and recruitment division
- Drive performance and grow this leading brand
- Motivated, professional team and friendly, supportive culture
- Opportunity to work across different initiatives and build your strengths in varied marketing skillsets to grow your career
- Seeking 4 full time Marketing Officers, ongoing and fixed term opportunities available
- Salary: Level 6 $83,005 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Brand, Marketing and Recruitment (BMR) division exists for the purpose of showcasing the best of UWA, ultimately enhancing reputation and driving student recruitment. The division consolidates all marketing, communications and future student related activity into one team, enabling efficiency and effectiveness gains for the University.
Functions delivered by the BMR division include organisational wide brand strategy and management, strategic marketing planning, communications activities (advertising, marketing, content, media, public relations); digital communication, reputation management, recruitment planning, business development, schools engagement, contact centre operations and admissions services. The range of functions delivered are all targeted at managing the University’s reputation and achieving its revenue goals.
The Brand and Marketing team within BMR provides strategic brand direction and ongoing brand management for the University. The brand and marketing team works across all global markets to help build the brand position and to attract business partners and students to UWA. The Brand and Marketing team consults with; and across all areas of the University to implement marketing plans and associated activities.
About the opportunity
As the appointee, you will support the delivery of an integrated marketing, communications and events for the University. Under limited direction from the Marketing Manager (Schools) you will provide expertise to support and advise on all College of Schools facing marketing communications and events. You will implement operational communications activities internally and externally, and contribute expertise to research, and write and edit original material for a range of channels.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, databases, website and email and relevant marketing programs
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Substantial relevant marketing and administrative experience including events organisation, website maintenance and office procedures
You will be a motivated, results-focussed marketing professional who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. With experience in above- and below-the-line marketing, excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude, you’ll find innovative ways to achieve business objectives and enhance the reputation of this iconic WA brand.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position Description - Marketing Officer - 508531.docx
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55pm on Sunday 30 January 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:18 Jan 2022 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:30 Jan 2022 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Digital Product Manager (Data & Analytics Platform), Curtin University, Australia, 5 days ago
Job Reference: 884308 About us Curtin University is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services data centre p...
Associate Professor, International Business, Curtin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job Reference: 881176 About us The School of Management and Marketing is the second largest School at Curtin, with a strong track record of delivering high quality scholarship and student learning...
Lecturer Or Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Studies, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 15 hours ago
$102,253-$120,814 (ALEVB) pa or $124,522 - $143,081 (ALEVC) pa Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup and Mount Lawley Campus SCHOOL OF EDUCATION JOONDALUP & MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUSES $102,253-$120,814 (Level ...
Associate Professor/Professor, Accounting, Curtin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job Reference: 880268 The School of Accounting, Economics and Finance Courses in the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance provide students with an intellectually stimulating learning experi...
Lecturer/Associate Lecturer, Curtin University, Australia, about 19 hours ago
Job Reference: 913629 About us The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) is a multi-disciplinary research institute engaged in a range of projects involving or motivated by radio astronomy. C...
Associate Professor Oral Health Therapy, Curtin University, Australia, 2 days ago
Job Reference: 883327 About us Curtin’s School of Nursing is the longest established school of nursing in the Australian university sector. From the time it opened 47 years ago, the school has bee...