Work type:full time
- Contribute to the growth and performance of an iconic WA brand as part of the marketing team, driving UWA’s lead capture and conversion initiatives.
- Build and apply your automation, lifecycle and direct marketing technical skills in this exciting and growing specialisation
- Level 6, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis until June 2025
- Base salary range: $87,460 – $92,430 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Brand, Marketing and Recruitment (BMR) division exists for the purpose of showcasing the best of UWA, ultimately enhancing reputation and driving student recruitment. The division consolidates all marketing, communications and future student related activity into one team, enabling efficiency and effectiveness gains for the University.
Functions delivered by the BMR division include organisational wide brand strategy and management, strategic marketing planning, communications activities (advertising, marketing, content, media, public relations); digital communication, reputation management, recruitment planning, business development, schools engagement, contact centre operations and admissions services. The range of functions delivered are all targeted at managing the University’s reputation and achieving its revenue goals.
The Brand and Marketing team within BMR Division provides strategic brand direction and ongoing brand and marketing management for the University. The Brand and Marketing team works across all global markets to help build the brand position and to attract business partners and students to UWA. The Brand and Marketing team consults with and across all areas of the University to implement marketing plans.
About the opportunity
The Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for running the University’s marketing automation platform and fully leveraging its capabilities, along with implementing the day-to-day duties of executing automated marketing campaigns. The role works closely with Marketing Officers to design and build automated direct marketing flows and campaigns.
You’re detail oriented, analytically minded, process driven and meticulous, with exceptional technical skills. But you’re also a strategic lifecycle marketing mastermind, with the ability to anticipate and respond to consumer drivers to grow our lead database and convert interest into consideration and preference. Ideally with marketing automation campaign experience, you’ll also be a fast learner, motivated, excited by consumer journeys and demonstrate excellent written communication. As part of the brand and marketing team at UWA, you’ll enjoy a positive, supportive, friendly team culture and be empowered to make a real impact in the University’s enrolment growth, enhancing the way we communicate with our prospective students.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Knowledge and experience of database management concepts and best practices
- Relevant experience working with Oracle, Salesforce, Marketo or similar marketing automation platforms
- Digital marketing skills, including capability to build website landing pages for campaigns, social media, SEO and SEM optimisation skills
- Relevant experience in high-level marketing and communication activities, including content creation
- Analytical mindset and experience in monitoring, analysing and reporting campaign performance
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, show initiative and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement while working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders (internal and external)
- Demonstrated planning and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
Note: Ability to work outside normal office hours, occasional weekend work, and some travel may be required
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Marketing Automation Specialist 516011.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Tuesday, 5 December 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Bree Reid at [email protected]
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at [email protected] with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:21 Nov 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:05 Dec 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Research Associate (Astrophotonics), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 4 days ago
23 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3) Countr...
Workshop Technical Assistant / Instructor, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 14 days ago
13 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Count...
Communications & Marketing Coordinator, Curtin University, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Job Reference: 1184139CURTIN FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND LAW Over 13,000 students from more than 140 countries are studying undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Curtin Business School and Curtin ...
Associate Dean Regional, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
$160,672 to $176,649 pa (Level D); or $205,952 pa (Level E) Full time, South West (Bunbury) campus School of Nursing and Midwifery ASSOCIATE DEAN REGIONAL SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY Number 1 ...
Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Midwifery, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
$134,035 to $154,013(ALEVC); or $160,672 to $176,649 (ALEVD) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup campus Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOC...
Events And Engagement Officer Curtin Sport And Recreation, Curtin University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Job Reference: 1183035 Are you passionate about harnessing the power of sport and recreation to transform lives? Do you believe in the positive impact of physical activity on student success and w...