Apply now Job no:539094
Categories:Marketing and Communications
- Flexible location - Melbourne Burwood and Geelong Waterfront/Waurn Ponds campuses
- Full-time and continuing
- HEW 6 $85,588 - $92,428 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
Deliver, execute and optimize automated communications with the goal to attract prospective students. Lead development, testing and timely execution of email campaigns and outbound email marketing communications program, including deploying the road map for A/B testing, assisting with tactical campaign activity, database hygiene and campaign reporting. Work with other Marketing Technology Specialists to ensure business decisions are supported by data and analytics and the data driven marketing techniques are promoted across the whole Marketing & Recruitment Division.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Establish and demonstrate a high level of learning, energy and commitment and maintain personal integrity and make decisions consistent with University values
- Investigate and probe for the facts and identify relevant solutions and selects the most appropriate from the range of alternatives
- Plan and prioritises work and critical activities appropriately and recognises barriers to achieving outcomes, finds effective ways to deal with them and evaluates progress
- Plan and oversee all aspects of the end-to-end project to deliver sustainable outcomes, value within constraints of time, resourcing and quality
- Seek feedback from clients regarding their satisfaction and perspective with products or services received, respond to feedback with openness and transparency and seek to identify ways to better service the customer
- Build new and productive relationships with a diverse range of potential students, stakeholders or key and influential individuals both inside and outside the University
- Strive for excellence and consult regularly with clients to clarify who requires the information, the purpose for which it is required, criteria for success and where and when advice and recommendation is required
- Communicate with confidence using examples and the most appropriate influencing technique for a given situation to increase understanding and support
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training (in marketing, multimedia, communications, or other related areas)
- Strong experience working with email communications and email marketing program tools
- Experience in marketing automation will be highly regarded (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot)
- Working knowledge of CRM will be highly regarded (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics)
- Basic HTML & CSS knowledge
- Experience in A/B testing and optimisation planning
- Ability to think creatively and develop engaging email communications
- Ability to think on your feet, to be creative and talk knowledgeably about marketing automation and lead capture and its implications on today’s businesses
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD - Marketing Automation Specialist (539094).pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 18 June.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
- Infrequent work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Andrea Hobbs (Marketing Automation Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Advertised:31 May 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:18 Jun 2023 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Nurture Marketing Manager (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 7 days ago
The Nurture Marketing Manager at the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is an integral member of the Customer Relationship Technologies team. This role will champion our nurture and market...
Manager, Analytics Digital Marketing (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, 11 days ago
The Manager, Analytics - Digital Marketing for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is a full-time employment position reporting to the AVP, Marketing Effectiveness . UAGC has an i...
Communications And Marketing Coordinator, International, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 11 days ago
« Back to Jobs Communications and Marketing Coordinator, International Location: Pipitea Type: Contract Post Date: Tue Sep 5 01:07:36 2023 Ref: 6693 Do you have an interest in a fixed-term role, ...
Assistant Vice President, Marketing Analytics & Effectiveness (Remote), The University of Arizona Global Campus, United States, about 1 hour ago
The Assistant Vice President, Marketing Effectiveness & Analytics for the University of Arizona Global Campus (UAGC) is a full-time employment position reporting to the Vice President of Perf...
Senior Expert Science & Technology Pd Automation, Novartis, United States, 2 days ago
Job Description 12,000. The number of associates worldwide working together to reimagine medicine! The Global Drug Development (GDD) organization oversees the development of new medicines discover...
Assistant Director – Digital Marketing & Engagement, Harvard University, United States, 12 days ago
14-Sep-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63642BR Job Summary Reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics – Fan Engagement, this Assistant Director – Digital Marketing & Engagement (Athletics)...