Apply now Job no:500460
Categories:Research Administration support, WPC
- Deep understanding of research administration, funding, and reporting requirements essential
- Continuing role
- Level 9
The Manager, Research Quality and Rankings leads a team in providing data, reporting and insights to support the Division of Research in spearheading research excellence and achieving the objectives set out in Research Quality theme of Strategy 2025. This position is responsible for providing high-level subject matter expertise, strategic advice, data-driven recommendations, and project management expertise to lead complex technical projects to improve UNSW’s position in national and international rankings. The role of Manager, Research Quality and Rankings reports to the Director, Research Analysis, Data and Reporting and has 2 direct reports.
The Division of Research at UNSW is responsible for the strategic research direction and overall research performance of the University, and in particular, maintaining and advancing the University's profile in research and research training. Research Analysis, Data and Reporting (RADAR) is a dedicated unit established to support the goal of continuously improving UNSW’s position as a leading research-intensive university in Australia. It is responsible for reporting on the University’s research activity and performance, its position in various world university rankings, ensuring the University’s strong performance in the ARC’s Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) and Engagement and Impact (EI) exercises, developing, enhancing and maintaining the Division’s research metric tool ‘BORIS’, and providing divisional support for research applications together with business improvement and integration services to ensure all systems are effectively meeting business requirements.
Skills and Experience
You have an appropriate degree(s), postgraduate qualifications, with relevant experience and extensive management experience, or proven equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training or experience, as well as:
- Demonstrated experience within Higher Education together with a deep understanding of research administration, funding, and reporting requirements.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with colleagues; and to clearly convey ideas and information in a professional manner through presentations, written communication, and other means.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing effective teams in the delivery of data and reporting solutions across a variety of business intelligence platforms and applications (e.g. Postgres, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- High level organisational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple technical projects with a wide variety of stakeholders in a deadline driven environment.
- A strong track record in quickly developing a deep understanding of business processes, analysing business needs, extracting data from large complex systems and creating, analysing and delivering reports.
- Strong technical skills with detailed knowledge of the maintenance and improvement of online systems, including data architecture, integration, networking, server management, security, data governance, and databases.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures
Please click Apply to submit your application online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:55pm, 30th November 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Advertised:23 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:30 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Engagement Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508326 Work type:Part Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Administration Engagement Officer An exciting opportunity to contribute to a communication an...
Manager, National Security And Defence, Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508894 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Academic - Research Only / Fellowship, Legal Salary Package: From $122,653 to $129,541 (HEW 9...
Ref 118/21, Learning & Teaching Coordinator, Nuw Alliance, Western Sydney University, The College, University of Western Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Western Sydney University, The College, Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $109,882 and $11,000 Coordinators Allowance p.a. Full-Time., Fixed-Term Position for 3 Months Western Sydney Universi...
Ref 133/21, Project Officer, Centres Of Excellence, Institute For Culture And Society, University of Western Sydney, Australia, about 10 hours ago
Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only Remuneration: $96,761 to $103,754 p.a. Part-Time (0.4FTE), Fixed-Term Position for 3 Years Western Sydney University Internal Applicants Only. To...
Research Contracts And Due Diligence Consultant, Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508897 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Legal Research Contracts & Due Diligence Consultant Salary Package: From $105,298 - $117,167 ...
Senior Scientific Officer (Terrestrial Fieldwork), Macquarie University, Australia, 1 day ago
Apply now Job no:508848 Work type:Full Time Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy Categories:Technical / Scientific Officer · Salary Package: From $85,148 to $93,989 p.a. (HEW Level 6) p...