- Lead and manage research integrity, ethics and compliance functions at UniSA
- Full-time, continuing position based in Research & Innovation Services at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Commencement Salary: $123,186 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Manager: Research Ethics and Compliance is responsible for the leadership and operational management of the UniSA Research Ethics and Compliance team. This role provides support, training and quality advice to researchers, senior staff and Committee Chairs and members, to ensure that research undertaken at UniSA is conducted responsibly and is compliant with both UniSA internal policies and procedures and with statutory and legislative requirements related to ethical and responsible research.
The position contributes to ensuring currency of key UniSA research policies and procedures and continuous improvement in risk management practices related to research integrity, ethics and compliance. This position takes a leading role in supporting the Deputy Vice Chancellor Research and Enterprise to appropriately manage and address complaints connected to research integrity or practices at UniSA.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Research and Innovation Services provides support for the management of research, and administers internal and national competitive research grants. It is also responsible for ensuring the responsible and ethical conduct of research and for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to improve the quality of the experience and outcomes for postgraduate research students.
The Research Ethics team provides training, support and services to ensure UniSA research is conducted in a responsible manner, and complies with the requirements of legislation, policies and procedures, codes and guidelines. The Research Ethics and Compliance team includes specialist support in all areas of ethics and compliance relevant to UniSA’s core research areas and consists of Human Ethics, Animal Welfare, Animal Ethics, Ethics and Biosafety and Ethics Support Officers. Additional responsibilities cover autonomous sanctions, defence export controls and biosecurity.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the administration of the ethics, compliance and integrity functions, ensuring that UniSA manages key risks balanced with enabling timely research activity
- Build and maintain strategic working relationships with the University community, and provide expert strategic advice and guidance to Academic Units, researchers and other key internal stakeholders to drive a culture of excellence in research integrity and conduct and ethical research practice
- Provide strategic advice to the Deputy Director: RIS and Deputy Vice Chancellor: Research and Enterprise on emerging developments in related legislation, codes of practices or national policy related to research ethics, compliance and integrity
- Plan, develop and deliver training, seminars and workshops aimed at providing strategic and practical advice and guidance on research ethics, compliance and integrity. Ensure that tailored support programs are provided for higher degree research candidates, early career researchers, supervisors and research leaders, as well Research Integrity Advisors and Research Ethics Advisors
- Provide effective leadership, management and supervision of the Research Integrity team, to provide high quality and proactive services, support and advice to researchers and to the University and its Committees
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field with relevant experience or equivalent extensive relevant experience in research management and administration, particularly in relation to ethics, integrity and compliance
- Experience in, and knowledge of, current developments in in the Australian research landscape, research related policy and practice and the Australian Code of Responsible Conduct of Research
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the current legislation, standards and codes of practice relating to human, animal welfare, biosafety, defence trade controls, biosecurity and foreign interactions/influence and their implications for the conduct of research in the university environment
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills in management and a leadership track record of successfully managing multidisciplinary and resilient teams supported by constructive supervision and performance development and to lead and motivate staff to achieve a culture of service excellence
- Proven ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understanding of external policies, procedures and legislative requirements and to provide high level interpretation and advice and lead systemic compliance for UniSA
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA . The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Emma Kelvin, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 0482 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4305.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 7 August 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
CLICK HERE to view the Position Description Opens in new window
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.
Research And Executive Services Officer, University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Provide research and executive support services to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) Full-time, continuing position Base salary between $111,966 to $126,271 + 17% Superannuation About the opp...
Senior Research Engineer School Of Computer Science, University of Adelaide, Australia, 4 days ago
Job no:511071 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Project Management and Project Support, HEO9 (HEO9) $118,888 to $127,192 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% su...
Legal Officer, Flinders University, Australia, 8 days ago
Position Details Continuing | Full-Time Higher Education Officer Level 7 | $90,063 - $99,696 p.a. Location: Bedford Park View Position Description About Governance, Legal and Risk Governance, Lega...
Portfolio Manager Workforce Programs, Defence Trailblazer For Concept To Sovereign Capability, University of Adelaide, Australia, 3 days ago
Job no:511295 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:HEO10, Management (HEO10) $131,306 - $139,945 per annum plus an employer contribution of 17% superannuation applies. Full ...
Senior Research Officer, Rehabilitation And Aged Care, Flinders University, Australia, 19 days ago
Position Details Fixed term for 1 year | Part-Time at 0.8FTE Higher Education Officer Level 7 | $90,063 - $99,696 p.a. Location: Flinders Medical Centre View Position Description About the College...
Centre Manager Advanced Defence Research In Robotics And Autonomous Systems (Cadr Ras), University of Adelaide, Australia, 8 days ago
Job no:511370 Work type:Fixed term - Full-time Campus:Adelaide Categories:Research Institutes, HEO9 Attractive remuneration package. Total salary package offered is negotiable, depending on qualif...